Diary of a Madman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diary of a Madman

the entire song [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] kinda rough...

http://onlinerock.com/musicians/shaw...iary_mix_1.mp3
    shawnlutz.com

Re: Diary of a Madman

Yeah, I wish my stuff was "that rough" lol! Always a pleasure Shawn and my wife (who is a bid Ozzy fan!) loved it as well.
    Nice job!! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Dave->
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

thanks Dave, I appreciate it. I usually don't do entire songs (cover songs anyway) but Diary is one of my favorites...lot a mood contrasts between electric and accoustic guitar [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by L:
        How did you do the intro? Is it tracked twice?
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">it is multiple guitars...a couple tracks of acoustics and an electric on a clean amp setting on the J-station
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

How did you do the intro? Is it tracked twice?

Comment

Awesome...the acoustic and clean guitars sound excellent. I don't really care for the distorted tone, but the playing is still great.

Hell, I'm tempted to record some vocals for it.

Comment

Actually...even the distorted tone is growing on me.

Comment

Not bad Shawn... not bad at all!

Comment

I f'in love it!!!!

Tones aren't bad either!!

Great work!!!!

Comment

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Outstanding!!!!! I was just able to listen to this. I have gained awareness for things I couldnt hear because of the lyrics. Randy Rhoads was certainly a master, who knows what we would have been in store for. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

As always Shawn, I truly unjoy your playing and hearing the the sub movements in the song I never noticed that you have managed to pick up is awesome. You helped me there for sure in something "I" was not playing right in that song [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Cool!!!

I guess my only other comment is I'd sure love to hear you play it on a cool "real" amp. The DSP tones fall short in a couple areas (mostly the distorted stuff) and doesn't always do your outstanding playing justice. It just has a reserved or "contained" sound in some areas and seems like your playing is dying to be let loose. Not sure I'm making sense.

Nonetheless, very cool playing. Good vibe and tastefuly reproduced man. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Good work!

Comment

Talk about thread resurrection [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

thanks for the kind words fellas...I appreciate it very much so.

John I hear exactly where you are coming from in terms of using a "real" amp. I really do need to blow the dust off the 2203 but usually when I have time to record its too late in the evening and I'd be too loud for my kids to sleep...hehehe..either that or I'd blow the take with them runing in and saying "you rock dad" or something like that.
                        shawnlutz.com

Comment

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Good job,Sounds great [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                          (I'm going to go practice now [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] )

Comment

Working...
                          X