POD XT Vs Guitar Port

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POD XT Vs Guitar Port

I know the XT can go thru an amp or be used for direct recording and the Guitar Port must connect to a computer. I was waondering if the XT can do the things the guitarport can when hooked to the PC anyone familiar?
    It's not a competition, it's a community

Re: POD XT Vs Guitar Port

mmmhhh.... I dunno if your can really compare these both, I expect the sound of a pot xt to be much better and more versaitle, you should be able to connect it to the computer with no problems.
    at least I'm fine doing my recordings thru a Vamp2 (compareable to POD2), and the XT has even more connectors on the back, doesn't it? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
    tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

you're asking if the Pod can be used the same way the guitar port is?

I doubt it. But I think the pod is probably more useful anyway.

Comment

According to the Line 6 site, if you buy an XT, you can get guitar port software upgrades and vice versa. They claim it will make the XT like the guitar port as far as what it can do.

www.line6.com

Click on "Get the Guitar Port software" box

[ November 05, 2003, 01:06 PM: Message edited by: Hotrod ]

Comment

Hey Kev, yes, this is correct. You download the complete software package and you get full functionality of the guitar port. It's like getting the guitar port for free really.

Dave->
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Just a reminder: If you're using Windows ME, you won't be able to connect your POD through your cerial port, since WME doesn't read it. >.o i found that out the hard way. So i got XP on my new computer [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Now i just have to learn some timing, and i'll be all set

Comment

Kamo, why are you using the serial port? Why aren't you using the USB port? Or is that what you meant?

Dave->
              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Working...
              X