Classic metal anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic metal anyone?

I know there are fans of all types of metal on this board, but once in a while I hear some say that they get tired of the more modern stuff.

So here's a little "classic metal" for anyone who cares to check it out:

www.myspace.com/aftershok

www.aftershok.com
    GM,
    www.aftershok.com

Dude is that your band..with big Vic (Shock Paris)???

Don't tell you're their guitarist that uses a VHT and had a Soldano SLO!!!

I have both AF cds..as all Bill Peters Auburn stuff. I recorded with Attaxe.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

You are..You are a very good player, I've seen you a few times!!!

I HATE Greg of MSOD, you should read my old blog on them. I knew him for a long and we were cool until he F'd me. Alot of JCF members know all about that..he sucks ass anywhoo..always did and always will!

Jim Dofka rules..I'm good friends with Tall Paul..know him?

Bill Z Bub

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Cool stuff...right up my alley! Great tone! I wish that I had known about you guys when I lived in Houston, PA from 2002-2004...I don't think I saw any metal bands at during that time (aside from Icarus Witch who I did a demo for right before I landed a job in Denver).

Hey Bill, what made you bring up Dofka in this thread? I remember seeing them in the late 80's at Someplace Else in Pittsburgh...he was a monster player. Watching them was the first time that I had ever seen two guitarists playing harmonized sweeps...pretty impressive at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
          Dude is that your band..with big Vic (Shock Paris)???

Don't tell you're their guitarist that uses a VHT and had a Soldano SLO!!!

I have both AF cds..as all Bill Peters Auburn stuff. I recorded with Attaxe.

Guilty as charged! And I still have the both of those amps and use them often!

Thanks for the support of Aftershok and Auburn Records, and I remember Attaxe as well!
          GM,
          www.aftershok.com

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
            You are..You are a very good player, I've seen you a few times!!!

I HATE Greg of MSOD, you should read my old blog on them. I knew him for a long and we were cool until he F'd me. Alot of JCF members know all about that..he sucks ass anywhoo..always did and always will!

Jim Dofka rules..I'm good friends with Tall Paul..know him?

Bill Z Bub
            Thanks for the kind words!

Actually, I think Greg is a good player, but hey, sometimes stuff happens and people don't get along. It's all a part of life and the music biz...

My brother played bass in Dofka's band for many years and he's a KILLER guitarist. Check out his new band on MySpace.

Don't know Tall Paul well, but enough to say hey at a gig.
            GM,
            www.aftershok.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
              Cool stuff...right up my alley! Great tone! I wish that I had known about you guys when I lived in Houston, PA from 2002-2004...I don't think I saw any metal bands at during that time (aside from Icarus Witch who I did a demo for right before I landed a job in Denver).

Hey Bill, what made you bring up Dofka in this thread? I remember seeing them in the late 80's at Someplace Else in Pittsburgh...he was a monster player. Watching them was the first time that I had ever seen two guitarists playing harmonized sweeps...pretty impressive at that time.

Thanks, appreciate it! If you lived in Houston, I'm sure we ran into each other at the Guitar Gallery or a show at some point. I grew up in Houston!

Icarus Witch is still around as well.

Dofka has a new band, and they are STILL doing everything you can imagine on guitar- in harmony! I think www.dofka.com or www.myspace.com/dofka will get you there.
              GM,
              www.aftershok.com

Comment

Rupe I mentioned Dofka because he's an "unsung hero" so to speak amoung our circles...awesome player! Toxic Wasteland is a classic!!

Well, Hioctanius maximus, not to beat a dead horse. THIS will explain everything in c/w me and Greg!!! http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...highlight=MSOD

In you're case..you're a great player! I could tell you're inspired by G Lynch..it shows.

Bill Z

Comment

Working...
                X