Some JSX (KT-77's) Wankage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some JSX (KT-77's) Wankage

I haven't recorded anything in over a year so I figured I'd try recording my JSX with the KT-77's in there.
    Just wanking to a backing track that I warm up over, but I suck at mic positioning etc, so I figured I 'd throw a track up and get some pointers.
    this is raw no effects , no post EQ just an SM-57 on my Recto 2X12 cab with my Jackosn SL2H(of course).
    pretty sloppy but I need to get back into the groove so to speak.
    http://www.mp3lizard.com/download.cfm?id=25937
    or here
    http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6468441
    Last edited by kmanick; 04-17-2008, 09:56 AM.
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Damn, nice tone and playing. What kind of pickups do you have on the Soloist?
    "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Thanks!
      just the stock JB/Jazz, that guitar is my workhorse, it's good for just about any style of playing I can throw at it.

Comment

Sweet! I dig the JB/Jazz combo as well. Now if I can only play half as good then I'm set. Oh, that and a KT-77 loaded JSX. LOL! I'm really digging your tone, man!
        "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Very Nice Nick..you can go boyeeeeeeee..

Sounds great man..I like it!
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

thanks Bill,
            when I get my 7 string back on Friday , I'm going to try some real metal clips and see how the JSX records compared to my Rectoverb.

Comment

Great stuff Nick. You kill bro !!
              Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

I'm always confused in the soloist comes with a '59n or a Jazz. I thought it was a '59n, but maybe some years it was a Jazz?

Comment

Hey great playing on this, especially considering you're just improvising. I'd like to hear some stuff that is worked out. Some parts reminded me of stuff Greg Howe would do. Nice!

The tone is very good too... My JSX sounded nothing like that. If it did, I would've kept it. I don't hear any of that annoying nasaly tone mine had.

Comment

thanks guys!
                    I stumble in a few places but it was just off the cuff so I went with it.

khabibisell, I wish I could say that you guys who complain about that
                    nasally tone with some of these JSX's are wrong, but I've heard a couple
                    that had it, so there is truth to this problem.
                    Mine thankfully doesn't have it, I mean I have the mids up at 6 1/2 on this
                    take , and still no honk. I have my MXR 10 band in the loop and I boost
                    back in the lower mids to thicken it up a bit and cut the highs a smidge.
                    The KT-77's really smooth out the tone, this take is thru V30's but I
                    usually run it thue C90's which sound smoother, but the mike was in front
                    of the recto cab so I just plugged the head into that cab and said fugg it.

Comment

Thats the good shred

Those KT's sound nice! Theres a real good mid-attack to the tone there too

Comment

shit, Nick. Are you channelling Blues Saraceno there? Great playing. Sounds very nice too.
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                          shit, Nick. Are you channelling Blues Saraceno there? Great playing. Sounds very nice too.
                          :ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:
                          god, you know I haven't listened to him in a long time , but you're right I do kind of borrow his style when I improvise. (I wish I was an 1/8th as good as he is)
                          I'm a big Saraceno fan.
                          Last edited by kmanick; 06-15-2008, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X