Sound check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound check

Please give this a listen and tell me what you think about the sound quality. i'm kinda liking it but think it needs something. thanks a million!
    Da shizzle shazzle

[ October 21, 2003, 12:29 AM: Message edited by: buzzsaww ]
    1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Re: Sound check

sounds pretty cool...could use other instruments [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ...adding those will probably make you change your tone a hair...more mids...d.m.
    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

thanks man, yeah it'll have bass tomorrow, can't add drums till i get hold of a MIDI cable. i'm going to re-record it, i effed it up allover the place. can't even play my own song right, lol one thing i noticed, i recorded stereo to stereo instead of my usual mono to stereo. double tracking seemed to make it only louder insted of fattening it up like it usually does.
      the string squeak is killing me, got any tips for getting rid of that?

[ October 21, 2003, 12:58 AM: Message edited by: buzzsaww ]

Comment

manually double-track the rhytms to fatten them up...string squeak?...hmmm...caused by not removing your fingers completely from the strings when switching chords...either pay closer attention to your left hand movements or play on the strings til they're not quite so new [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ...the squeak didn't bother me tho...d.m.

Comment

yeah thats what i did. just made it louder not fatter. i'll diddle with it more tomorrow. sleepy, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
          Originally posted by diablomozart:
          manually double-track the rhytms to fatten them up...
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Comment

whew...gianna?...not sure who that is...scozz knows TONS of people... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ...and i haven't met hardly any of them... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ...when you double track the rhythm pan one hard left and one hard right...make sure you don't play the exact rhythm...and use a slightly different eq on each one...that should help thicken up the rhythm track...if all else fails buy a used rockman chorus unit and run both signals thru that with the rate all the way down and depth all the way up...d.m.

Comment

BTW man tell Gianna I said Hi, I believe she knows your drummer pretty well and recently moved back to atlanta.

Comment

Nice & raw, sorta Garage Days 'Tallica

What gear didja use?
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

nice!

can't wait to hear it with bass/drums.

Comment

thanks man, i always liked the tone on that album also lightning and puppets. my king V into a XXX into a 4x12 VHT cab. pair of old el cheapo mics, one directly in front of a speaker the other about 2 feet or so away. recorded with cool edit. the only processing i did was run it through a hum and hiss killer.
                    the king v is loaded with emg81's and tuned two steps down to C, the XXX is on the ultra channel, high about 1:30, mids 8, bottom 3:30, gain 12. settings are using the o'clock method. LOL also the XXX is loaded with svetlana EL34's not the sovtek 6L6's from the factory.

Originally posted by RacerX:
                    Nice & raw, sorta Garage Days 'Tallica

What gear didja use?

Comment

thanks man, soon, i got sorta distracted this week and haven't gotten to it yet.
                      Originally posted by the_drip:
                      nice!

can't wait to hear it with bass/drums.

Comment

gianna is the blonde guitar player from a band called candela, she moved to LA then recently back to atlanta. i used to talk to her via icq constantly

Originally posted by diablomozart:
                        whew...gianna?...not sure who that is...scozz knows TONS of people... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ...and i haven't met hardly any of them... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

do you guys hear a slight bit of phasing when i change riffs about 10 or 12 seconds into it? i do, maybe it's just me.

Comment

Working...
                          X