Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My new band... Can I get some feedback, comments??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new band... Can I get some feedback, comments??

Hey guys,
    My new band and I are getting ready to record our debut CD and have already done all the tracks in my home studio to make sure things all sound the way we want when we go to a real studio, so I was wondering if you guys could check out this tune and give me some feedback...

This one is called "Sickened"

AMERICAN HARDCORE - 06 - SICKENED

<They are supposed to work on my internet connection later today, so if the link is dead, try back very shortly and I'm sure it'll be back online.>

Re: My new band... Can I get some feedback, comments??

This song is very good.

My suggestions:

- I think you should avoid the snare + kick on the same beat. It just doesn't sound right, ever, and in this case it is flammed, which is a BIG no-no in my opinion. Drum machine?

- I think the bass guitar could really shine on this tune. Instead of simply playing the rhythm, play around the rhythm and mix it up, including just prior to the solo.

- I think you should harmonize the main riffs and solo, esp when there is a plain crunchy riff, and almost every time the singing stops.

- I think the chorus riff should be chorded, then harmonized.

- I think the held chord prior to the solo should turn into feedback, and reach the nastiest feedback just at the same time the solo kicks in.

Don't get me wrong, this is a good song, but you asked for opinions. I love the slurred solo.

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    I made a rock n roll sin when I tried giving in to make money, had to turn down low.

Comment

Sounds good, here's my .02

1) more bass guitar in the mix
      2) delete the cowbell in intro/have bass duplicate guitar intro hook there instead or variation of
      3) gated or reverse gated reverb on snare

The bass may be there maybe my crappy comp. speakers didn't do it justice.
      This is only my opinion and you know the saying right.

Opinions are like a**holes, everybodys got one [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

A great friend who lives a stones throw away...On this track he has the Jake E Lee Badlands thing happenin...Hes a rockin player...love the solo and guitar tone....almost Vai-ish in the solo. Keep slammin...your recordings has progressed so much...Your determined to be a force to be dealt with....

Comment

Jim, here is my .02

The drum beat keeping the song from its true potential. The entire beat is in the pocket for the entire song. It needs to be in and OUT of the pocket. Try in the pocket for the verses and out for the choruses. By doing this your bass player can stay steady and if he is brought up in the mix it will enhance the entire song and make it much more interesting and less predictable. If you are unsure what in and out of the pocket is then email or PM me and I will fill you in. Good song bro... I could do a heck of a job producing it for you. It has a STP type style to it IMHO and thats a good thing!!

Comment

Great tune I love the main riff. Tone is fantastic. I don't gree with the harmonizing idea above, i think that would take away from the song. Vocals are really good. Space before the solo is ok just needs some spooky ambience to it, a bit of hall reverb on the drums or something. The solo is great, played really hard. Sounds like you ripped it out of your guitar. The part where there is a drum roll in the solo and the ascending/descending scale with the whammy dips starts at the end, it sounds like the rhythm guitars should kick in there and maybe the solo should get really nasty there, maybe with some raunchy wah wah on it.The ascending/descending bit is cool but maybe a bit too polite. Hard to say, as I like the existing solo a lot as well, you are a fantastic player. Probably the best tune I've heard so far on the the JCF.

Comment

Hey..good song. Makes me wanna:

The drums are somewhat predictable, but good. I like the in-n-out of the pocket idea from above. Love to hear more bass! The lead started out kickin', then seemed to downshift. Overall, I think it rocks! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Looking foreward to hearing more!
              >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Good stuff bro.

Comment

Thanks a million guys, so much has changed since that recording... I've replaced my drummer...with a much better one. And now have a female singer.
                  We've got our first gig coming up in about 2 weeks and then we're going to re-record everything with the new drummer.

Check out our website - www.americanhc.com

Comment

Working...
                  X