Just recorded my own song for the first time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just recorded my own song for the first time

I just finished recording my very own song. I bought some recording software a couple of weeks ago after years of putting it off. Now I'm not a recording pro so it's taking me some time to learn how to use it to it's full potential. So I recorded just a very basic rock track and threw some solos over the top. I used a few guitars, both my strats and my 2 seven strings (COW7 included). Here's the link to my myspace site
    www.myspace.com/stevenpage

I don't think I done too bad, would of like to have spent a bit more time with the solos and making them flow a little better but I just couldn't wait. Usually I play much heavier more technical stuff but I wanted to have ago at some instrumental 'shred'.

let me know what you think
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

Sounds good to me. Altho the mix is a little off. The drums are too loud and the guitars arent balanced in volume. Musically it sounds good. Just a mixing issue.At least to my ears. Nice job.
    Gil

Comment

Yeah I agree the mixing isn't that great. I didn't notice the volume inbalance till after I bounced the tracks. Next song is going to be much heavier, using one of my 7 strings and the mix should be better next time.
      93 USA Soloist EDS
      USA HT6 Juggernaut
      Charvel DK24FR

Comment

That was fun to listen to.

As far as the mix--with some of the software I've used, you can undo even after you've saved the file. Maybe you can still fix it...?
        This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Working...
        X