more lame music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more lame music

Nothing too fancy, but I figured I would post just because. Id like to make it better, please offer suggestions if i should sing different or do anything else!?!

http://kainziw.com/toolate.html

Cool tune.

To me, it has a bit of a punk feel to it, and I'd do a couple of things to push that forward. I'd cut off the first 50 seconds, and I'd also ditch the Maiden solo from 2:56-3:35. I might try a thicker sounding guitar break (maybe some double stops) about half the length in that spot.

Oh, and just a personal preference thing...I hate when singers mangle words, like changing "late" to "lay-hate" or "away" to "uh-way-hay". I've heard plenty do it, so I guess it's a style choice.

Hope you're not offended--I really do like the song.
    This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Pretty cool! Maybe work on the guitar tone a bit? It had a little of the "buzzy bumblebee" thing going to my ears.

Comment

Maybe it's just my sound card and speaker setup or my ears but I'm not hearing any bumble bees. On second thought, possibly on the intro. Overall it's sounds pretty damn good to me.

I agree about nixing the intro. Also maybe consider dropping the background harmony vocals. On my sound system it's coming across as confusing or conflicting w/the rest of the mix.

I like the beat, the tone and the tune. Vocals sound very good. Someone has a nice set of pipes.
        In an insane world, only the sane seem crazy.

Comment

Agree about shortening the intro and not going too over the top...good stuff though! you should be proud!

Comment

Drone, I feel the same way!!!! Good note on the back vox, I knew I wanted to cut them, but I just couldnt put my finger on it!

Comment

Far from lame!
              Me likey.
              Good voice my man, real good.
              "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
              --floydkramer

Comment

+1 on the punk vibes. The drums sound a little busy though. Maybe try toning them down a little? Very nice stuff thought. =)

Comment

I think it's pretty f-ing cool personally.
                  http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

I agree, good song & nice production. Guitars don't sound quite as lively as they could... were they recorded direct? I don't see the problem with the backing vox.
                    Last edited by Bert; 04-05-2008, 06:58 PM.

Comment

no amps. I use Guitar Rig version 2 for bass and guitar. I play my drums thru a Roland Drum kit, and then sample them with DKHS.

Singing is thru a DMP# preamp then processed in Cubase with some compression and slight reverb.

its a simple setup. I wish I had some guys to play with, but I dont have any friends who can play and I live in a small town.

Comment

Working...
                      X