New Word Videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Word Videos

WORD - You are a very talented player, period. Considering you've only been playing for a couple of years, you are a VERY talented player.

Best wishes.

Comment

Maybe ..just Maybe that is Word's style ...hmmmm ..ya think!!

Maybe he hates the blues like I do ...Maybe he don't give two rat's asses about what you call "feel" ...The world needs shredders too....sometimes all that "feel" , "theory" and Box paterns is boring to some of us!!!

I bet Word "
      Shreds " better than most here ...besisdes me that is!!! [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Keep Shreddin word if that is what makes you happy ...Your playin' makes me happy ...So I guess I'm a Word fan huh!!!

**My Advice to word ...never take advice from those who are less fortunate than yourself.....Those are words of wisdom my young friend!! ...free of charge!!!

So it is written ...so let it be done [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Bill Z Bub

[ July 13, 2003, 12:27 PM: Message edited by: horns666 ]
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Well now ...not much to debate there ...huh??

Some people should just shut the F up!!! [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

There always some people just demanding to help .....

Please, We don't want "your Help"......unless we ask [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

[ July 13, 2003, 12:40 PM: Message edited by: horns666 ]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Maybe you are misunderstanding my point. I have never knocked him. I am just trying to get him to expand his horizons to make him a better player.
            Hell....I can probly come up with more 3 chord riffs faster than most people you know.....but, that doesn't make me good.
            I don't want see him get stuck in one mode. I want him to absorb everything he can. You can never have too much knowledge.
            By learning other styles......he can mold them into something he can call his own and be original. Not a clone. I know he is young. This is the place to start making adjustments.-Lou
            " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

I wasn't pointing at you Lou...but the kid can sure Shred huh??

Well ...that's my point ...let's shut up and let him shred!!!

We already have enough Claptons out there ...I'm bored with that crap....I want shred OK!!

Word give me Shred!!!!

Mike Chlasiak is getting by just fine without the "feel" that you speak of ...I didn't see Halford hire a Clapton Touchy / Feely player ...No !! He wanted a Shredder ...There is room in this world for both.....Ya think

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              I have spoken once again!! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

[ July 13, 2003, 12:47 PM: Message edited by: horns666 ]

Comment

Well, it's all good to be supportive, but Word says he's very serious about becoming a musician. Since he's a young guy, I think it's our duty to offer both praise and criticism as long as it's constructive. Regardless how impressive those videos may seem, he still needs to work on some things. I've heard him play those techniques slowly (he had posted some instructional videos on his site) and his timing was not very good, and it seemed like he was struggling when playing the licks slowly. You have to learn to walk before you run. I think our little virtuoso has done things the opposite way... Just my opinion of course.

Also, do you think playing along with a backing track or drum machine is a bad idea? Songs do have a rhythm regarless or whether it's blues, shred, classic rock, whatever. An important part of being a soloist is fitting your superhuman chops into the song's context. Again, I've heard the kid improvise over a backing track and he needs to work on it.

Again just my opinion, take it for what it's worth. Word, just because someone can't play Yngwie licks doesn't mean they can't help you improve your playing.

Aside from all that, you're doing real well Word. If it seems like I'm ripping on ya I'm not... I'm only trying to help.

[ July 13, 2003, 12:52 PM: Message edited by: khabibissell ]

Comment

Wow thats some insane stuff, damn good!

You definitely have the skills , maybe should try your hand at some backin track stuff and stick it up for us?

You could take a song like Kissing The Shadows by children of bodom, and put your own solos into it instead of the keyboard parts.... think of your own stuff which is nicely melodic etc, an still keeps within the overall sound of the song?

Plus, the finished thing will sound like you duelled with Mr Laiho himself [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Any song with duelling solos would do, thats just an example with alot of them hehe.

Also check out Blind Guardians lead guitarist, he has insanely good melody and phrasing, and can shred like a monster too [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

You sound killer Word ..keep up the great work!!

Comment

• Re: New Word Videos

Originally posted by horns666:
                      I wasn't pointing at you Lou...but the kid can sure Shred huh??
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes...and I have complimented him on this. I even stated he is a little bit cleaner than me on sweeps.....even easier to be now since I cut the tip of my pinky off. I also don't sit around and do sweeps for hours.
                      I am not wanting to shove him into a Clapton style. I want him to shred. I also want him to play various other styles. I would like to see eveyone push him in other directions. I want to see what his potential REALLY is.
                      My band is more of a nu-metal/groove metal sound. As funny as it sounds.....I had to make some adjustments for that style. It was different. Yes, the new metal is easy to play ,but, it was a different style and required me to go through endless hours of illegally downloading......err...I meant endless hours of listening to that style of music to get the feel for it and add my own flavor to it. Go to my site http://lousiffer13.tripod.com/mypersonalsite/ Listen to the short recording of Intro with lead.....its rough..but, that is the style I like to play.....totally different than what I play now. Again, that was a field that I was weak in. I realized it....learned it...made the adjustements. I got into a rut that took me a 3 year break and some new understanding to get out of....I don't want Word to get into the same problem.
                      Yes....shred your ass off Word...please.....but, show me/us your potential.-Lou
                      " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Thank you, man. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I appreciate it. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by horns666:
                          to slow down ...NEVER!!!!

That's what I loved about guitar ...all the fast stuff ..MY HEROES in 1978 at age 13 (the year that started it all) All I listened to was the brand new VH record and Frank Marino and Mahogony Rush live .....just for the solos and divebombs!!!!!

I was obsessed with solos and whammy bars , tappin and making real evil faces ....That's Exactly how I still play...and I do that very well!!!

I can not play acoustic , pretty , blues , clean .....now my skeletons are out!!!!

So I'm a 39 year old Word and I still play with the fire I had when I was 14 .....and that will NEVER change!!!! [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] [/QB]
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Marino was a killer blues/rock guitarist.... you must've tracked the needle over "I'm a King Bee" everytime listening to "live"

Comment

Very cool shredding Word! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I agree that you have skills! I've played guitar for 8 years (not too long compared to some people here [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] ) and I can't shred like you (even though I really want to!)... I'm sure that you have the ability to become a truly great player (keep in mind that he's only been playing for 2 years and 10 months)!

Good luck!

Anders
                            https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Thanks, man. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

In 1978 Frank Marino was FAST!! That's why I liked him!!

Not Hendrix , Not Trower . Not SRV ...just Franky and Eddie ...all day ...oh with a little Iommi (well , he sounded evil)

...I didn't know about Uli yet ...that came a little latter

Comment

Working...
                                X