Hear-N-Aid tribute by the ADA Depot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Newc View Post
    Where's Bill - think we could throw in a blastbeat section just for him?
    Yeah, this really wouldn't be complete without that!!!:ROTF:
    Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

So if I were to start doing the drums, would you want me to just play with the original? It'll change length depending on how many solos and all we have, right?

Comment

Pretty much. You don't have to copy the original drums to the letter (as I understand it, they're horribly off-time) as long as it keeps the general feel.

Once we get the basic drum/bass/rhythm tracks down we should be able to loop the solo section and possibly punch in whatever "flavoring" we want to do (i.e. like the slower bridge in the ADA version, or a blastbeat for Bill, or some sort of piano/orchestral interlude, etc etc - something to make it "ours" - maybe even a walkdown that drops the rhythm to a lower register for the 7-stringers).

If you can't do blastbeats, maybe we can get his son Vinnie to help out with that. It'd definitely be a unique version
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I get the feeling everything in the original was done in 1 take.

I'll try to practice some of the singing this weekend and see how bad I sound...

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
            I get the feeling everything in the original was done in 1 take.
            I wouldn't be surprised. I don't think they had a lot of time to spend getting it all ready.

Although, they all played more than was used on the final edit. If you check out the documentary video of the recording, many of the solos are different to the single that was released.
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Is there going to be a rap breakdown in the middle?

But seriously folks, I'd love to give it a try. Lack of chops may a problem though...
              How about a secondary "Let the 'tards have a go" version for the musically challenged?

Comment

"We're taaaaaards!"

Works for me
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

"We're taaaaaards!"

Works for me
                  :ROTF:
                  Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Originally posted by Snoogans View Post
                    Is there going to be a rap breakdown in the middle?
                    Bill can make the rhymes I can provide scratching and samples
                    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

"We're taaaaaards!"

Works for me
                      :ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:

Newc made a funny!
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

I'm interested in participating.

Comment

Yeah, send me a PM when this thing gets rolling.
                          Scott

Comment

Both versions were great! Outstanding over the top shredding.
                            There is allot of talent untapped! Im in, if anyone needs a near
                            perfect first half of Crazy Train....or the last 1/3rd of Eruption!....or
                            "Back in Black"...Heck ive got the whole song on that one! :ROTF:

Comment

Sounds like a cool idea.. maby I'll do some guitarz

Comment

Wow, this is a helluva cyberjam! KILLER shredders...oh man! You guys rock!
                                Guitar Instrumentalist
                                Winner of www.musicianwar.com 2007-2008 Metal Tournament
                                http://www.myspace.com/metalvinnie

Comment

Working...
                                X