New song, "Rope"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New song, "Rope"

Well, we tried our hand at recording again. I think this turned out much better, but the guy that "mastered" it, still doesnt have the overall level high enough. Anyways the specifics:
    Shure drum mic kit (with a 58 on the snare)
    2 Marshall large diapragm condensers overhead

Vetta for all guitars, 5150 model on the right w/a schecter emg 81-85
    Powerball model jackson slsmg w/SD Jazz and JB on the left

Bass>cheap compressor>Zoom bass effects unit>recording machine

Vocals>large diaphragm Marshall condenser>cheap ass tube pre>vocal processor with slight reverb and doubler effect (in stereo)

While the drum sound is much better than the previous recordings, (a new drummer can do that to a mix) when we started laying drum tracks, they sounded AWESOME, mostly I think because we were used to a dummer with such a shitty sound that anything Bill (our new drummer) plays sounds exponentially better. After we started laying tracks, we started to realize the drums werent tuned optimally for our music. Kick and snare were both tuned too low, and were tending to get somewhat lost in the mix. That and some brightness issues.

We plan on re-doing all of the songs with this newfound insight, and hopefully the next attempt will be the shizzle.

Anyways, feel free to check it out, holler if you have any suggestions/critiques.

Thanks guys!

www.myspace.com/madeaband
    www.garageband.com/artist/madea

Nice tune, I dig it a lot.
    Guitars:
    '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
    '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
    '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
    Amp:
    VOX AD30VT

Comment

Cool tune. If you did this recording with a pc, look into a program called drumagog. It's great for replacing drum sounds in this, and well, any other situation.

Comment

Actually, we did it on a Roland VS1880. The only thing we felt we could do to improve the quality, was to buy a nice mixing console, to utililze some external effects during the actual recording... tube pre, compression, etc. We have decided to go with a decent 12 track Behrenger.. should do some justice I think.

Thanks for the comments guys.
        www.myspace.com/madeaband
        www.garageband.com/artist/madea

Comment

Working...
        X