My new album--lotsa Soloist Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new album--lotsa Soloist Pro

I just posted tracks from my upcoming album on my MySpace page, along with an embedded player to stream the entire thing if you'd like. It'll be available on CDBaby and iTunes within a week or so. http://www.myspace.com/councilofone

I recorded almost all of it with my trusty 1990 Soloist Pro. That thing sings like a mofo, and it worked perfectly for the sort of heavily improvised fusion music I'm doing now. It has the right resonance properties to just let you go crazy with the legato leads. My setup is a Fractal Audio AxeFX modeling preamp right into the board, which definitely gives me the best sound I've ever gotten.

Warning, if you need vocals or lots of catchy melodies, you might not dig my music that much...

Let me know what you think.

Nice! I just gave each tune a listen. Really good tone throughout. I think Random Light is my favorite, since I tend to go for more up-tempo stuff. The rhythm parts are fantastic on that one, especially the bass, and nice trem work too. Phase Three was also right up my alley. I especially liked the 2nd half of that one, and how it leaves you wanting more. Congrats on an awesome job!

Comment

I'm pretty sure I will pork my ole lady to "Phase 3" tonight.
      www.myspace.com/madeaband
      www.garageband.com/artist/madea

Comment

Ohh, 2:15 gets very tasty btw. Nice tone my friend

Comment

Wow,
          Nice stuff man. I totally dig the tone. KUDOS!

Comment

Like it ......alot!
            cool stuff
            If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Originally posted by tseegert View Post
              I'm pretty sure I will pork my ole lady to "Phase 3" tonight.
              Thanks! That might just be the highest honor a musician could receive.

Also, thanks to everyone for the nice comments. I probably went a little crazier with the whammy bar on some of this stuff than I should have....

Comment

Working...
              X