• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ok, Here\'s a tid bit for ya.

very cool...great job!
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

I'm waiting to hear some of the heavy hitters out there....Come on Tommy, Tracy, Frank, Doc. LETS HEAR IT! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Whoa! That absolutely rocked. Very catchy and tasty solo! That pinch harmonic vibrato thing you did at around 00:46 into the song was really cool I thought. It just sounds so appropriate there.

That solo would sound awesome if it was solo to a fully-developed song version of this clip you posted. Do it. That's an order. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

EDIT: What gear are you using to record? I really dig that lead tone. It absolutely screams and wails. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[ May 24, 2003, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: Number Of The Priest ]

Comment

very nice...d.m.
          http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Number Of The Priest, Thanks man. you're going to laugh...but believe it or not I used POD for that solo. It was the easy thing to use at the time I was messing with recording into my PC. I've got a ton of material that I have recorded over the years, I just need to take the time to organize it.

Comment

Well, you must know how to tweak it, because it really sounded quite pleasing.

Or, perhaps it was your wicked playing. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

EDIT: How did you achieve that first dissonant note after your three harmonics and at 00:34? Are they just regular bends? Those sounded really cool.

[ May 24, 2003, 11:32 PM: Message edited by: Number Of The Priest ]

Comment

Nice vibe nice licks, keep it up [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

N O The Priest, that was a kind of a Lynch thang, bending 2 strings together, one note ascending while the other is descending.

Comment

sounds great, if you don't mind me asking what did you use to accomplish the tone?

Comment

He used a POD, as stated above [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

ok i'm done asking questions that have already been answered DUH LOL

Comment

That was freakin' cool!
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                          X