Some modded JCM800 Satriani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Some modded JCM800 Satriani

Next time I'm in dallas, I think I have Sully scammed... I mean, convinced ehhehe to let me mod his JCM800. The 2203 was on a Pc board, but it was laid out VERY simply compared to a newer mesa or marshall. I don't think it would be a big deal at all to mod an 800 series and make it scream, even without having to add a preamp tube.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG:
      nice one, Pete. as always [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] It's going to be a scary day, the day you actually decide to make an all-out effort on a track, instead of just relying on your memory from when you used to play the song "back in the day". [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Actually, what am I talking about? "Chunks Is My Dog" was BRILLIANT and I still listen to it. Anyone who missed that one should definitely check it out and see what Pete is really capable of. [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Aw jeez, thanks for the kind words. I used to play flying in a blue dream in one of my just out of high school bands, and we did a good job on it. Amazing how much one can remember from over a decade ago! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

The Chunks deal started when somebody slagged the Pods - so I did a clip with all pods and a drum machine. Worked out pretty well, but it was basically a wank-fest. lol!

Oh hey, I'll have to see if I can find room to post the satriani clip w/out me on top if anyone wants to solo over it. basically goes from C lydian (C D E F# G A B C) to C minor I believe (C D Eb F G A Bb C). I may be off a bit on the c minor, but I know the Lydian part is right. Or you can just solo over the lydian parts in G major and resolve your licks to C major 7 notes (C E G or B).

Pete

Comment

Next time you come into town and if you have the time to experiment your more than welcome to mod mine. Hot Rodin Amp mods would be nice to add to the list of Twister Amps services [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
        X