Finally got the nerve to post!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Finally got the nerve to post!!!!

Dave, I have a question for you... can you please answer it?...

I am listening to this mp3 of yours and I am wondering if it is possible to enhance the artificial harmonics you do by using some compression... can you please try that and tell me how it goes?... I just noticed that some of them die out a bit early and your recording might benefit from some extra sustain in post processing... just a thought.

Comment

that was awesome [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] the backing track was great.

Comment

Originally posted by Lev:
        that was awesome [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] the backing track was great.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks Lev, that track has actually been in my head a long time and I finally got around to finishing it.
        Dave-&gt;

Rodrigo:
        Yeah, I know, I think I had too much noise reduction in my effects unit. I should try backing off on that.
        Thanks for noticing...... [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

Dave-&gt;

[ May 19, 2003, 09:19 AM: Message edited by: budman68 ]
        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Very nice Dave...interesting mix of stuff going there!

recording to PC I think you'll like a POD or J-Station ....great for laying down stuff at all hours and sound pretty good. I don't mic the cab very much any more.
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz:
            Very nice Dave...interesting mix of stuff going there!

recording to PC I think you'll like a POD or J-Station ....great for laying down stuff at all hours and sound pretty good. I don't mic the cab very much any more.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks Shawn, do you have a pod or j-station? I am really thinking of getting one of those or the V-amp. Do you have any experience with any of these?
            Dave-&gt;
            Dave ->

Comment

This is awesome! Thanks for posting!!
              I made a rock n roll sin when I tried giving in to make money, had to turn down low.

Comment

Originally posted by rEs:
                This is awesome! Thanks for posting!!
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well thank you for your kind words! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Dave-&gt;
                Dave ->

Comment

Now top it...
                  It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Originally posted by 83SanDimas:
                    Now top it...
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I'm thinking I'm thinking quit pushing [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] !!

I haven't heard anything from you yet, have you posted before?

Dave-&gt;
                    Dave ->

Comment

Dave, I have the J-Station that works out pretty well for me. All of the mp3's in my profile url are recorded with the J - station.

PODs and POD xt are really cool too.
                      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Shawn, that sound was all generated through the J station? Thats decent! Thanks for the hot tip, [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Dave-&gt;
                        Dave ->

Comment

Hey Dave the Vetta is very cool but around $1200-$1500 or so depending on where you find it. It has near endless possibilities. Matt is finding that out as we speak. The POD xt is a very close but slightly less than competitor too the Vetta but can be had for less than $400 or $700 with the Floor board which is what I own. It also has near endless possibilities in effects,amp models,cabinets,etc. A poor [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] mans Vetta I am told. Made for direct in recording but can hold its own in the loop of an amp or through a P.a. These two are cutting edge of the Modeling thing that is happening right now. The J-station is another high quality unit which I beleive Shawn has used and can be had for Less than $150 but lacks in the amount of amp models and effects models of the Vetta and POD xt. However high quality recordings are very possible with the J-Station. But I beleive the J-Station is non upgradeable but I could be wrong. Then there is the V-amp2,Digitech GNX series,Boss series which are good units but are less capable at some things. Try em all and see what works for you. I just tried a Adrenalinn which adds sequencers and arpeggiators found in high quality synthesizers and combines them in a digital modeling unit along with a drum machine which has a high quality sound and crazy effect alternativess not found in any of the above mentioned models. This is my newest toy too play with and you can literally be a one man band. Now youve got a lot of possibilities too try that will enhance your great playing abilities. I bet you have G.A.S. now for sure. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Ric

Comment

Originally posted by Ric1983:
                            I bet you have G.A.S. now for sure. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Ric
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks for all the great info Ric! You've given me alot to think about and as far as G.A.S....you know exactly what I'm going through don't you now? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks again,
                            Dave-&gt;
                            Dave ->

Comment

The J-station can be edited on the editing software that comes with the module. This allows more flexibility for tonal parameters and control.. so it is upgradeable in a sense. Used these things are really reasonable, but they can be had for less than 150.00 new.

Comment

Thanks so much for the info Tom, I didn't realize that. I do think I'm going to go with the POD or even possibly the POD XT. I have to do a little more research.

Thanks [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] ,
                                Dave-&gt;
                                Dave ->

Comment

Working...
                                X