Please listen to my song and give feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please listen to my song and give feedback

Hello everyone. This is my first post in the MP3 category. go to the website and click on the picture of my soloist to hear my mp3. It is an original song. I played the guitar parts, the bass and the vocals, the drums are on a computer program. feel free to commend or to criticise or whatever.
    thanks
    nandrew

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: Please listen to my song and give feedback

www.onlinerock.com/musicians/ludrot/
    heres the web address

Comment

Pretty cool, man [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
      Ok, since you invited criticism [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] here's where I feel you need work.

Double the guitars to fatten them up, or add a bit more gain, to put them in context with the vocal style (I assume you were going for a Megadeth vibe?)

Make the drums a little more "interesting" but don't go into "Fly Swatting Mode" with em.

The vocal tone is good - kinda like a cross between Mustaine and Gibbons (in places), but you need to work on lyric composition. The lyrics weren't bad, but they weren't overly good. I know how hard it is to come up with good lyrics, though [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Couldn't hear the bass, but then again I'm on a laptop which has crappy speakers.

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yeah, definatley NOT enough gain for this type of song.. crank it up, man!

I have to agree with Newc about lyric composition, and I also think that the verses were too short, and the "Wake Me Up" part was too long.

Also.. I'm not knocking you.. but it sounds like you're trying to imitate Mustaine a little too much. Find your own sound and use your natural voice. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

first, I need to know how you recorded, I mean the whole signal chain...

Comment

I have to partly disagree with the previous posters. I think your guitar tone is dead on. Very cool Chris Poland/Metalopolis vibe. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

I'd like to hear this with some more guitar layers...not just doubling, but harmonies to the rhythm parts.

I agree with comments about the singing though...
            This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Thanks for all the responses.
              This in no way is a finished product. An acquaintance of mine put together a digital mixer and a computer, and he let me have an hour or so to put some stuff down, and this is what came out of that. I understand about the verse being too short and the ":wake me up" part being way too long, that was just to lengthen it a little because I didn't have enough lyrics at the time. I really like the guitar dirty like that for that riff, but it does need some layers. I also agree the voice is a bit too rough and unnatural, I'll work on that too.

I just wanted to share it with you all. I just got DSL so I will be checking out the other MP3's on this message board.
              thanks

nandrew [img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img]

Comment

Your voice and playing rocks. Maybe a little more gain on the guitars. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

voice sounded cool mate,i tend to agree with a few here about more gain needed.
                  twin guitars panned 60 left and 60 right with more gain would realy beef that song up [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                  but as the basis of an idea it works very well.

i esp liked your ryh/solo part near the mid end,broke it up very well and the tubes tone shone on those melodic riffs/lines used

not bad considering the cheap mic/recording equipment used..bloody good song [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] mate

Comment

for those that have already heard it, I used soundforge and cut the chorus parts short throughout the song, and boosted the low end a little bit, It flows better if you would like to hear it again.

the gear I was using was as follows:
                    Jackson SL2H with tone zone bridge pickup into mesa solo 50 head, into marshall valvestate cabinet w/ celestion (gold label?) speakers. cab was miked with a crappy microphone, into a digital mixer. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by rodrigo_echeverri:
                      first, I need to know how you recorded, I mean the whole signal chain...
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm still trying to figure out the reasoning behind that. He didn't ask for gear advice. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Newc

[ May 08, 2003, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: Newc ]
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Hey I think this is a kickin song and well written. I added EQ in cool edit pro2 and it sounded amazing. I like the Mustaine type vocals and the guitar rhythm and lead work. Another keeper in my book. Try a little more EQ before mixing down. Great job.

Ric

Comment

thanks everybody. I've only shared it w/ my friends who by the way don't ever listen to metal so it is good to hear what you all say.

nan

Comment

that was awesome man keep it up.. I didn't know it was all you until afterwards, good job [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Justin gave good advice, you should record another layer and/or pan it out better, just to get your tone richer and fuller..

Comment

Sounds very cool nice vibe

The tone isn't that bad imo, but it will sound a lot cooler with some cranked up eq and gain

Comment

Working...
                              X