RG 3120 CLIPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RG 3120 CLIPS

Sounded good Word, my main complaint however would have to be how short the clips are. I can tell you play fast, but like many people have been saying, I'd like to hear you work it into a song. The whole song can be at Mach 7, or can build, or whatever. But just a taste of guitar playing is never enough, you play very well, and I want to hear more of it, but right when I am getting into it, the clip ends.

I play into a Shure SM56(an older version of the SM57), and I plug that into a Bellari Mic-Pre, which I am borrowing indefinitely(while my friend borrows a bunch of my crap that I don't need), which has both XLR and 1/4" in's and out's, so it works not only as a pre, but as a converter as well. They cost around $100, I think.

[ May 02, 2003, 01:40 AM: Message edited by: Ace ]

Comment

Word, wow. Very impressive man. It actually scares me that you're the same age as me. But, very nice tone man! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Does the Carvin have an emulated line-out or anything like that? If it does, you could run the amp straight into the soundcard of your computer. I've done it a few times. Granted, I haven't got nearly good an amp as you and my guitar couldn't hold a candle to yours, but I can get some fairly alright sounds out of it. I've tried it with running my V-Amp2 straight into my computer and using Pro Tools, and it sounds good.

Keep it up Word! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

sounded fine word [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]
        best bet for getting a great recording tone(and dead easy too)is to use a Podpro or a J station.

the speaker emulations on these things rock and the amp emu's are not bad too.

i use protools as its so easy, i have cubase and logic too but i dont like their windows or interfaces.

nice guitar [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Great job Word.You can definately Shred well. I
          think you should try working those speed licks into a song also. But that is still very good
          playing and I wish at your age I could have played like that. Keep up the good work Word and I predict better things too come.

Ric

Comment

Sounds pretty god there Mr. Word.

Sloppy ?? Ya wanna know what ?? Who cares. Jimi Page made millions being very very sloppy.

Dont worry so much about tone if you are just goofing around like that since it will all change when you mix in drums and bass.

Matt

Comment

Thanks, guys. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] You're all very kind. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

With the help of good ol' Sully.. I will be able to record some better stuff.. now all I need to do is master the 500,000 piece jigsaw puzzle that is my DR-5. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X