X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RG 3120 CLIPS

Originally posted by Shakeel:
    i cleaned up my house dude: http://members.lycos.nl/shakeel2001/nix.wma
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Shakeel, when you pitch correct and time stretch your sample down to the tempo where you actually recorded it, you sound just as sloppy as Word [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

i thought something didn't sound quite right. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Comment

I just want to make sure we're all clear on one thing.

ahem...

No matter how fast either of you can masturbate on your guitars. I will always be cooler than you.

Have a Nice Day.

This message was brought to you buy the concerned citizens that are cooler than you.

Comment

I think this picture was brought up before. But here it is in all its wondrous glory.

Comment

Everyone can say whatever. But, I wish I'd have been that good at that age.

I might have figured out how to play by now!!!

Comment

Thanks John. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Shakeel.. the statement "Tell me what you think" does not mean "tell me what you think of my playing and if I were sloppy or not." It means tell me how you think the guitar sounds to you.

Could be that English is not your main language, but still.. I thought it was quite obvious that I meant the sound..

Comment

Quite honestly, I'm not sure I see where Zeno chewed you out...

Comment

this thread is f**king hilarious. anyway, congratulations on your new axe, hope it's everything you wanted. it sounds good, and looks quite sharp.

Comment

yeah man you definetely improved a lot, that was cool stuff.. much more smooth and your timing is way better.. keep it up.. about the sloppiness thing, it was nothing serious anyway and was probably just cuz you were messing around.

But to get more articulate, just get a metronome and play everything slowly for like 10-15 minutes a day, not that slow, just like slower than what you normally do. Do alternate picking, slower sweeps, etc., then just shred out all you want for the rest of your practice.. it really helped me out because you get to see whats going on all over and see what needs adjustment. Also improves your timing and rhythmic sense.. that'll help you out a lot when you play with a band, or even play solo. Hope that helps, and have fun with the new guitar [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Shakeel, Word, Zeno... just chill lol... no use getting upset over the net, and since you were friends at some point it sucks that it came to this.. most of this BS started from all the war topics and thats why it pisses me off. Just forget about all that stuff, start over, you guys are all great guitarists..

[ April 24, 2003, 11:53 PM: Message edited by: Lev ]

Comment

There's nothing wrong with being honest, but there's a right way and a wrong way to be honest. Brutal honesty is rarely a good thing [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                      Shakeel, perhaps you could work on your critiquing technique so it's not so blunt as "you can play fast but it's sloppy"?
                      Maybe if you tried saying "you've got the speed, but your accuracy needs some improvement"?
                      Still kinda harsh in a way but it's not as harsh as calling it sloppy [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Just a few thoughts.

Newc
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

forget it, i say what i want and how i feel about something

Comment

Sounds great, Word. Those 3120s are capable of some great tones, for sure.
                            Great playing, too. Even though you already stated that it was just a quick rip and NOT a polished peice of music for critique, you sound great indeed. Like Annah stated, I heard you on the phone almost a year ago, and there is a tremendous improvment in your playing, which means that in about, oh lets see...20 minutes or so I will be installing table legs on the backs of my guitars. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

you guys are all great guitarists...
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, for a bunch of Jerry's Kids! hehe

[img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

Comment

dude i'm trying to ease the tension haha

Comment

Working...
                                X