RG 3120 CLIPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RG 3120 CLIPS

hey Word don't take it to hard man, if everyone keeps saying you're playing is so PERFECT, you will actually think that it is..
    but the truth is it isn't you're a awesome player don't get me wrong but if you just take care of the details you will be even better.

Comment

Wasn't the point of these clips to demonstrate the tone of his new axe?

who gives a **** how proficient he is. Does the axe sound good?

the clean was by far my favorite. yay for it. I don't know how it compares to your other guitars, but I"m sure it makes you happy and that's all that matters.

Comment

alright Word, I think we have a little genius here... you are VERY good man and IMO some hard feelings you get in the forum are no more than envy.

Like everyone here said you will need to work on a series of things.

1) Thoroughness of composition over technique. Maybe you need to listen to a bit more diverse stuff. I recommend you put some time into exploring some Steve Morse for the leads and some Opeth for the rythm section (personal favorites)

2) Timing. I need to hear what you sound ilke with that DR-5 you have. You gotta sit down with the toy and you will definitely learn

3) Harmony. Same as above, the DR-5 can teach you how to play over a key and improvise based on that.

Remember that in order to be good in anything you must deliver a FINISHED PRODUCT. People out in the world will only praise your shredding if you come up with a way to wrap it up in a nice package just like your idols, Vai or Satriani do.

Remember: Finished product, finished product!... let's see some of that next time please, it will be good for all of us.

If you want to record all the tracks independently and then send me mp3s of each of them to produce as a song I will do it for you.

Just a few words from a FAN of yours who used to shred like you and got trapped into the reality of life...

[ April 22, 2003, 08:25 AM: Message edited by: rodrigo_echeverri ]

Comment

Man, good stuff Word!

I can't wait to hear more.
          You fit all of that into a finished song it will rock.

Makes me want to give up!

DRH

[ April 22, 2003, 07:12 AM: Message edited by: DRH ]

Comment

awsome Word, youre the new Vai ! your playing is perfect! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

that doesn't sound like an Ibanez to me. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Word, I agree with the statment that you have improved a lot over the last year or so, nice improvement in your articulation and execution, keep it up man.

nice new guitar too
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Thanks Everyone. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I'll have different sound clips soon.. I dropped of my Jackson Dinky to get a Tone Zone installed in the Bridge, and a PAF Pro in the neck. It's the one with the green sparkly finish.. and the pickups are blue. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[ April 24, 2003, 08:54 AM: Message edited by: Word ]

Comment

Originally posted by ZeNo:
                  awsome Word, youre the new Vai ! your playing is perfect! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hhaha damn die is echt té grappig [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Word:

Shakeel [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] If I were going to make it absolutley perfect I would have tried. It's not like I was presenting it to the Pope. Your playing isn't pristine either, so clean up your own house before you begin telling me what to do with mine.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">i cleaned up my house dude: http://members.lycos.nl/shakeel2001/nix.wma

Comment

damn [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] so thats what you have been practising 24h a day....fassssssst [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks a ton, Chuck. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

As for the two little ****s, Zeno and Shakeel..

Keep your bull**** out of my ****ing threads. If you have nothing good to say, then don't say any ****ing thing. I'm not going to start a little contest with you Shakeel, I don't have to prove anything to you or anyone on this board. I can't ****ing believe I actually considered you a "friend" at one time Shakeel.

Comment

Nothing good to say?, i replied on your mp3 if you can't take bad critiquing on your mp3's DON'T POST ANYTHING, yeah yeah i know it's only to show off your new guitar but still your playing is sloppy in general.. it's a thing every guitar player needs to work on..

As for the contest, who said i wanted a contest?
                          you said my playing wasn't pristine so i proved the opposite

Comment

Look man, my playing is not "sloppy in general", I just don't try and make it perfect, if I were however TRYING to record something perfect, then I would.. but I was just lazily throwing tracks down, as I always do until I get my drum machine working. You don't have a clue what you are talking about. You judge me by some lazy tracks and me talking to you on MSN messenger screwing around. Like I said, I have nothing to prove to you, and you should think the same. I know that you are a pretty good player, but I've gone easy on you on critiquing your MP3s because I didn't want you to feel mad at me.. but unlike me, you have no care for how I would have felt from the comment you made to me.

If you put yourself in my shoes, and look at your comment, you would have appeared to have been a dick.. and you are. You can't just go around saying what you want when you want and speaking whatever is on your mind. That's not how it works, unless things are different in the Netherlands, or you can't understand what I'm typing good enough to get what I'm saying.

Whatever.

Comment

the last sentence of your first post in this thread i quote : ''tell me what you think''

If someone is critiquin me or my mp3's, wether it is good or bad i don't mind, it makes me better.

Comment

i'm not fcking bullying Word, you're a good guitar player but stop the whining when you get some negative remarks, its really immature to directly attack someone personally at their playing when someone gives some negative opinions

Comment

Working...
                                X