Mark and others...

Guitar tracks pro vs Cakewalk

Any thoughts

Also backing tracks? Please explain..

Kevin
    It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Re: How do you record?

I think Cakewalk makes Guitar Tracks - Cakewalk would be the full MIDI orchestration thingy with pianos and violins and horns and such but Guitar Tracks is a scaled down version that's better suited for just guitar, bass and drums.

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Jackson SL-3 into an V-amp
        V-amp directly into an Soundblaster Live

recording software: cool edit 2.0, cakewalk

Comment

i use guitar trax pro because it's easy to use and i'm lazy. it comes with fruityloops express drum software, (programmable drums and also an acidized library) there are also some feeble bass and keyboard stuff. the effects that come with guitar trax (compressor, flange, chorus, reverb, delay) are not good at all, but at the moment i don't really care. if you want better quality stuff download reason or cubase and use those instead of guitar trax. if your pc has a soundblaster card and drivers ditch that too for better quality.pod users: how do you run your line in?

Comment

i forgot to mention go here for info:

http://www.music-software-reviews.com

Comment

Hey rodrigo, your link isn't working! I'm so disappointed, I wanted to hear it....... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

hey man get kazaa and download samplitude[16 track] or cakewalk sonar [both user friendly] get a good sound card with guitar jacks in the front [1/4 inch jacks] , sound blaster makes a new good one can't remember what it is called though or isis I think thats what it is called makes a 8 track 1/4 inch jack card , only good for win 98/95 not xp and they are dirt cheap cause of that . anyway I'll email dave this link and he'll spell and explane every thing better than I can cause we use his pc to record , and he knows this stuff better than I do . //Steve

Comment

Cakewalk guitar tracks pro, M Audio Audiophile 2496 card on my PC...johnson j station
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

Budman...

Just copy this and paste it in your browser:

http://www.geocities.com/rodrigo_echeverri/To_live.mp3

It should work then. It is a crappy recording anyway.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[ March 30, 2003, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: rodrigo_echeverri ]

Comment

The Soundblaster card is Audigy Platinum II. I dont recommend it. Its is overpriced and not real 24 bits. I do recommend any terratec cards. They are expensive though.

You dont have to care for the inputs and touputs on the card just get an audiophile and a little mixer like I said. I will cost the same (or less) and do more with better quality.

Comment

I mic my guitar amp with a Shure SM56(an older version of the SM57) run that into a Bellari mic pre, then right into the soundcard. Nowhere near studio quality, but for scratch track so send to my other band members, it works.

Comment

hey rodrigo, nice version of to live is to die! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks eet_fuk_81... the setup that I used to record was pretty humble. I am getting much better stuff now. I am the proud owner of a Rocktron Voodu Valve and a Mesa 50/50. When I have that hooked up in my rack I will record again and post the mp3s...

Comment

Does the Sb Live have RCA inputs? I have an AWE 64 Gold that has RCA inputs. I run from my Akai DPS-12 digital recorder into the card's RCA jacks.

Newc
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X