Ethos Larry Carlton clip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ethos Larry Carlton clip

No, it's not LARRY playing it, it's me wanking over a backing of Larry's cool tune Room 335.

http://members.cox.net/vhpete/Petethos.mp3

Used an Ethos pedal direct speaker sim out into my PC's soundcard, added some reverb and did fade in/out. No other manipulation of the tone - no EQ, no mastering, no nothin'.

These pedals are expensive as hell, but I can't think of anything that does this sound direct to a PC. Comments on the tone? I know there's a huge clam in it, but screw it, one take/first time I've played this song in a long time. I just wanted to get something down on 'tape' before I went to bed tonight. Took about 10 minutes tops from start to finish. Love how easy this pedal is to dial in!

Pete
    Last edited by Twisteramps; 12-29-2007, 02:25 AM.

Not bad at all, a little too much reverb and gain for 335 kinda track but for direct out recording that is some cool tone. Some great playing towards the end of the track where you said fuck it ads just went for it good stuff for sure....btw Larry is WAY underrated or unknown to average joe shredder.

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
    No, it's not LARRY playing it, it's me wanking over a backing of Larry's cool tune Room 335.

http://members.cox.net/vhpete/Petethos.mp3

Used an Ethos pedal direct speaker sim out into my PC's soundcard, added some reverb and did fade in/out. No other manipulation of the tone - no EQ, no mastering, no nothin'.

These pedals are expensive as hell, but I can't think of anything that does this sound direct to a PC. Comments on the tone? I know there's a huge clam in it, but screw it, one take/first time I've played this song in a long time. I just wanted to get something down on 'tape' before I went to bed tonight. Took about 10 minutes tops from start to finish. Love how easy this pedal is to dial in!

Pete
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
    X