Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Work in progress - tell me what you think of the drums =)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work in progress - tell me what you think of the drums =)

Just an intro/riff idea i came up with, only guitar and drums atm.... tell me what you think of the drum track

http://www.deimos.ca/miscjunk/progme...ixdown.wav.mp3
    "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
    The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

I like it alot.
    Driving.
    Melodic.
    Drums are great!
    Guitar is precise, mechanical, but with passion.
    Hey, that's possible!!!!
    Very nice
    Very dark
    "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
    --floydkramer

Comment

sounds great

Comment

Thx

I re-recorded it with a Harmonic Converger (but used the same Mesa Rectifier preset on all the guitar track) and added a few synth sequences - they mostly just double the guitar leads for now, but it's a step forward

Same link (still WIP) - http://www.deimos.ca/miscjunk/progme...ixdown.wav.mp3
        "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]

Comment

I like it, however too much chorus on the guitar which makes the keyboard and guitar too muddy together. So slightly less effects, turn up the mid a little... and more high... and presence a little. Needs some separation and the guitar needs more bite, IMO. Also sounds like you've got too much compression and/or limiter set too restrictive.
          Last edited by xenophobe; 12-14-2007, 10:06 PM.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Yeah, the leads/harmonies were recorded with chorus + the other postprocessing chorus i forgot to remove from the session but the riffs don't have any.

And yeah about the mid/high frequency thing - the HC does an amazing job at removing the fizz and giving a more tube-like tone, but it adds a lot of "bite" so i toned down my EQ, maybe too much.

Originally posted by delt View Post
            (but used the same Mesa Rectifier preset on all the guitar track)
            oops uh... that would be a Mesa speaker cab, but the preamp is one of the fender "crunch" ones on the gt-pro with a mt-2 (metalzone) going into it. sorry for the mistake, it just still sounds "rectifier-ish" Used a Peavey 5150 stack on some of the tracks before, that gave it more bite.

Btw, if you don't know about the Harmonic Converger, it's a small device (completely passive, no power supply) designed by someone named Hadley Hockensmith. He plays in Neil Diamond's band, and also happens to be a genius in electronics - here's info about the device: http://harmonicconverger.com/HC_Home.html

Thanks for all the comments, I'll do another record of it today, once i get more variation on the synth and the drums to sound less copypasta... i'm really learning a lot on this site

Comment

Oh, added a really minimalistic bass track, but in this COLD it's the best i can do for the moment with my freezing hands :/ Just upped the heating a few notches, i can hardly type right now, + i'm rather clumsy at bass

Comment

The beginning reminds me of Sleepwalker by Nightwish and the rest of the song is pretty awesome. Sounds like my kind of music.

Comment

A little better, but still too mid scooped...
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                  X