need some input/help/suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some input/help/suggestions

Im working on a song. I personally love the music, but the singing is something im not good at (at least metal) I have a totally wuss voice!

Can anyone offer any suggestions on what mentality to go for in singing. It's called letting go, and you can get an idea of the lyrical content. Its not sure if its punk or metal.

Any input or help as to make it better, Im in a small town in Sask, I cant find any singers or people to play in a band with, so im stuck doing everything including shitty vocals!!!?!?

http://www.kainziw.com/lettinggo/lettinggo.mp3

Reminds me a little of Gamma Ray - maybe try some power metal vocals!

Comment

TheTroy, I redid everything, have a listen and tell me if thats an improvement or if i should hang up the vocal chords and join a german Oom-pa band.

Comment

I dug the vocals. I thought they fitted the music well. Like Incubus or Hoobastank or something.

Comment

thanks Codyy, I officially cant talk now, I sung all afternoon trying to get recent takes. If i tried this live, id be out in no time!

Comment

Why is it every time I listen to a supposed "sucky vocals" track, I hear vocals that are waaaay better than the singer's who have fronted my bands?!?

Good job!

Comment

That's definitely an improvement - sounds as good as a lot of "pro" bands

Comment

thanks guys , I appreciate you takin the time to listen, Im gonna try and get them more aggressive yet!

Comment

Wow, I am pleasantly surprised. It sounds great to me. I wish I sucked as good as you.
                  Just one more guitar!

Comment

Damn.
                    If you lived within a 100 radiuls of me, I'd pay all your bills, and make you promise you only opened your mouth to sing for "our band".
                    You have major talent.
                    Know it... Become comfortable with it... Quit thinking about it and just sing... please!
                    "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                    --floydkramer

Comment

Working...
                    X