Produce me!!! *new metal tune, I need your help*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Produce me!!! *new metal tune, I need your help*

Hi all, ive been busy working on some new tunes, and Id like some of your tips to help me out. I recently finished the music to a "sequel" of a song I did.

Now, I love the music, and I am pretty proud of the work I did on it all (everything is done by me in my basement)

BUT...

I am NOT a good metal singer. I can do pussy pop40 shit quite well, but Im far from a metal singer, but I am the only person around, so I have to work with myself. Anyhow, have a listen to the song, and try and give me some ideas to make it more mean...

I hate the chorus, I sound like such a ***!!!!! But if anyone can offer me any tips to make this song kick ass, I really appreciate it.

In the past I have received lots of great help from the board members here in regards to my music, so I appreciate all help from compliments to plain out criticism *I need it, theres nothing personal, and I want this to sound good to showcase*

http://www.kainziw.com/returns.html

Click the picture, and get back to me

p.s - the story is about a "strangler returning to town to do his evil deeds*

It's actually a parody of a joke among friends where my one pal nicknamed himself "the willowbrook strangler" so I just went with it!!!

I just listened to it once at 5 AM but first listen it sounds a lot like Iced Earth to me. If you want to sound more metal get some wicked screams going on - it works for Halford.

Comment

Sounds ok to me. You want cookie monster stuff? I'd leave it as-is, but then I'm a Twisted Sister fan and you sound a bit like Dee in a lot of it.

Try singing when you're tired and your voice is a bit raspy.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thetroy, thats a bit of a compliment as I *try* and get my sound like Iced Earth. In fact, Dracula was my "footprint" for how I wanted to sound!!!

Im FAR from Matt Barlow though. IT's real frustrating, as a few of you know, im from a relatively remote location up here in Canada, so it's not too easy to find willing singers.

Im working on different styles to sing with, but im also thinking the chorus needs to be done in a different style, or have some "effects" to make it full and mean!

Comment

btw, all done in Cubase using the most excellent new WAVES SSL plugins!!! I have one reverb on the entire track (Classik), and all the guitar / bass is done with Guitar Rig. Drums are roughed in using my electronic kit into Cubase, then sampled with Drumkit from Hell Superior.

If any of you use Cubase, the SSL plugin set from Waves is Great, and the Chris Lord Alge plugins really help a person find a good footprint for pro mixes!

Comment

I like your Dee Snyder vibe too, very cool...way better than cookie monster vocals would be IMHO.

Comment

make sure you sqeeze your buttcheeks together and tighten your diaphram like your getting ready to take a punch to the stomach and you'll sing it just fine.
              Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel View Post
                make sure you sqeeze your buttcheeks together and tighten your diaphram like your getting ready to take a punch to the stomach and you'll sing it just fine.
                This is what I do when I'm out in public and feel a fart coming on.
                My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Working...
                X