Nevermore - Born Solo (Video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nevermore - Born Solo (Video)

Heres something I recorded and threw up on youtube yesterday. Its the solo from the song Born off the most recent Nevermore album, This Godless Endeavor. For those of you who havent listened to nevermore, I strongly suggest you check out this CD. Since I'm a total Jeff Loomis nut Ill be posting many more solos to come. Sadly i dont have a backing track recorded for this, as I dont have a 7 string at my disposal. Cheers! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-81TWhbsPWM
    www.soundclick.com/matthewpigott

I remember Toejam mentioning how he took some lessons from Michael Romeo in the 80's. 10-20 years from now people are gonna be ranting and raving how they took lessons from you Matthew! Again, you help raise the bar for aspiring guitarists. Me, I'll just throw my guitar in the fireplace, I'll never get to your level. Prodigal.
    "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

That was fucking sweet. Great job of a great song. What other songs are you going to be posting? I'm trying to learn some of their stuff at the moment and its pretty hard to pull off.

Comment

Hey thanks guys! I know anywhere from 10-20 loomis solos at any given time. I really like his playing, and have learned alot from it. Basically all i do is transcribe solos and whatnot. Some Rusty Cooley and Gilbert on the way as well.

Comment

Nice!
          Loomis is one of my favorites.
          that whole CD is killer.
          If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

I watched all 3 of your videos. KILLER! I hope to be a fraction of that good within a year or two.
            My Main Rig:
            '87 Charvel Model 4A
            Peavey KB100 amp
            Ibanez SM7 Smashbox

Others:
            '92 Gibson Les Paul Custom
            '05 Ibanez RG320FM
            '86 Ovation Pinnacle
            '98 Synsonics Custom Strat
            '89 Kramer 700ST Bass

Comment

I known Jeff and Nevermore when there wasn't 50 people at their shows..since late '96 and been friends and a fan of NM since..by far my favorite "metal band.

YOU did an excellent job and pretty much nailed that shit..not an easy thing to do!!

Honestly, I'd much rather see you use your talent to create your own music..which I don't think would be a prob!

I mean, if you actually played that live every weekend for the next year..people would think that is an original anywhoo..right?
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Please take my comment as a complement..by all means.

I'll be watching you ..I been writing in similair style as Jeff..he is my favorite guitarist..

When Ed Van Halen was my fave ..I played in that style..that was long ago.

You got skills, too bad we couldn't hook up and fuck around...we both have our hearts in the same place it seems...Nick too!

Keep shreddin' bro..that was kick ass..the other solo you posted was kick ass too!!

Bill Z Bub

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

thanks alot man!

Comment

absolutely!
                    you've got great chops!
                    I've been learning a bunch of Nevermore stuff (and Arch Enemy )
                    I'll try and get something up for you to check out.
                    I hear you Bill
                    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

absolutely awesome, I am always amazed by your playing!
                      Maybe you have a spare sixstring guitar that you could string up for B tuning? I do that in one of my bands as I just don't feel comfortable on sevenstrings.

hey bill, for originals, check out his myspace page:
                      www.myspace.com/matthewpigott
                      http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

As always amazing playing!
                        I think we should buy you a seven string, you´ll pay back with music

Comment

Hey thanks alot guys! I realize i havent updated the myspace page in some time. Im currently in the process of moving, but when im settled again i intend to write a few more songs, and rerecord the old ones with good production quality and release an EP. Ill keep you all posted, and untill then shred!

Comment

Originally posted by shadowcat View Post
                            absolutely awesome, I am always amazed by your playing!
                            Maybe you have a spare sixstring guitar that you could string up for B tuning? I do that in one of my bands as I just don't feel comfortable on sevenstrings.

hey bill, for originals, check out his myspace page:
                            www.myspace.com/matthewpigott

AWESOME..I wrote Matt over there..

Now we can be MYspace buddies.

Comment

Working...
                            X