New Track....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Track....

Hey everyone. Got a new one nearing completion, and i thought id throw up the work in progress. Changed the production up alot, and id love to hear what you guys think. Same gear as before, although the settings have changed a ton. There will be updates to follow as this thing gets done, but i can never really tell when that will be. No lyrics yet, but soon ill take the time to write some stuff down. Cheers...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/song...songID=5085031
    www.soundclick.com/matthewpigott

is the intro too long?

Comment

That's cool... good luck finding a drummer with chops like that though!
      Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

That's one of the first things that popped into my head, too. "Damn, he's setting the bar pretty high for the drummer there!" Awesome tune, though. Each one you post is better than the last. I don't think the intro is too long. I knew something badass was coming any second, and it didn't disappoint.

Comment

Could you tell us more about the patches you have for your 2101? I'm really digging that guitar tone and have had troubles dialing in a sound like that with my 2120 (or the 2101 I had before).

I dug the song a lot, the fast part had a very Keep Of Kalessin-styled vibe. Nice work! As far as drummers go, don't worry about it! Keep working with your material and put together a nice sounding demo (like what you have started thus far) and spread it it around and you'll have drummers coming your way eventually!

Comment

thats the plan! The settings are pretty simple. Im using the tube gain stage with both up to about 8.0. A slight compression and a hard noise gate. Then mced with an sm57 on axis about half an inch from the grill cloth, pointed about a half inch off the center of the cone. Then another noise gate in post to kill ambient sound, and a highpass over 70hz. I used a multiband parametric eq to tighten up the midrange a little and boosted around 200-300 hz to keep it fat. Lowpassed above 15khz i believe. Leads are a similar sound but with more gain, more compression to keep the highs thick and the lows in check, and a phaser set really slow. You can hardly hear the sweep, but it seems to boost the mid and give it a wierd snarl i seem to like. I broke the cardinal sin and recorded with some verb and delay in the amp sound itself, and then added more in post. Im sure youll be able to get the sound in your 2120. most of it comes in the eq and mic placement. Hope this helps.

Comment

Damn.... amazing work (as usual.) Really good production. Do you double-track the rhythms?

Comment

Quad track all rhythms, and double track the leads. Rhythms are two tracks hard panned left and right, and two tracks at about 75% left and right. Leads are two at 20%. Thanks alot!

Comment

You know what... A lot of people have really good taste in music and know what guitarists they like, but can't play for shit. You take it to another level and inspire newcomers to keep practising! I'm still waiting for you to record an album, when you do I'll be one of the first to buy it. Rock ON!
                  "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

I like it a lot! Nice unpredictable ending too!

Comment

Heres an update. Did a remix of it too cause some parts werent sounding too great.
                      http://www.soundclick.com/bands/song...songID=5085031

Comment

sounds good my brotha, check out my new one too if you get the chance.
                        www.soundclick.com/patricklukens

www.myspace.com/patricklukens

Comment

You two should seriously do a track together!
                          "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Working...
                          X