Hard Rock song

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard Rock song

Hey guys... I've never posted in here before, I am in awe of all the great players here at the JCF.

However I decided to give it a go, recently I recorded one of my ex-band's songs, with just me on everything (guitars, vox, drum programming hehe). I've put it up here:

www.soundclick.com/blizzardofed

Hope you guys can have a listen and give me some comments. I am no singer, so expect it to be bad!

Cheers

Ed

This is the type of thing I'm into. I think the riffs are good, and it has a good catchy chorus. The biggest problem (which wouldn't apply with a capable band backing it), is that the drums and bass need to make the song groove more. I don't think the singing was all that bad, though I suppose it could be better. Again, you wouldn't get laughed out of the place if you had to sing the song yourself. I didn't like the rhythm tone too much (too buzzy), though that is probably due to the way it was recorded. Capturing good tones is hard, and requires some polishing afterward anyway. I did like the lead tone. The first part of the solo was unexpected, and sounded very Morello influenced. The second part of the solo was cool... there was a bit of Paul Gilbert in there IMO. Two different approaches that are polar opposites but work in this case. Props for being creative and not just widdling over the changes.

Overall, a good effort. I'd like to hear the song played by a real backing band (drums and bass). I'd also be interested to hear more of your stuff.

Comment

Working...
    X