No announcement yet.

Can't get enough of this guys playing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya you're probably right, he does have good "touch", I'd like to hear him improv over a jam and see how creative he is.
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Originally posted by kmanick
      Ya you're probably right, he does have good "touch", I'd like to hear him improv over a jam and see how creative he is.
      It's not about "touch" or technique..it'a ALL about creativity!!

C R E A T I V I T Y..! ! !

I discovered that they do NOT always go hand in hand!!

I learned that MOST players either excel at one or the other..
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

creativity is all fair and dandy mate but some geezers love Rustys old tunes and that francis fucking ferreara(spelling)-anyway hurry up and get a website done you bald headed shirt tail lifter so you can stick them VH tribute band clips on

Comment

..PM Cleveland John..he's got my live bass solo on DVD..

still waiting to see that one here myself..

I wished I could throw down some shred vids..I'd tear the asses outta yous..

I suck ass with the computer..that's my downfall..

I don't even know how to post a freakin' pic..

Billy

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

lol i cant post a pic here now either!i used to be able too but i cant remember how to and that picture posting thread doesnt work for me..lol.

Comment

Originally posted by jjw
              lol i cant post a pic here now either!i used to be able too but i cant remember how to and that picture posting thread doesnt work for me..lol.
              Excellent JJ, it's nice not to feel so alone!!

Here's to our awesome computer ignorance!!

Comment

frankly that has always been me: able to play other's songs well (and even better now) but never able to come up with my own stuff.

that's why I'm a working stiff doing weekend guitar in a fun cover band in my 40's!

some got the gift of creativity in music, I don't. but I have a natural ear, and I love playing.
                the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
                  frankly that has always been me: able to play other's songs well (and even better now) but never able to come up with my own stuff.

that's why I'm a working stiff doing weekend guitar in a fun cover band in my 40's!

some got the gift of creativity in music, I don't. but I have a natural ear, and I love playing.
                  Well that is a cool thing..I can respect and appreciate someone taking the time to learn covers very true to form..I won't and don't do that, but I do enjoy listening to talented players that do..

For me..it's all about making music..I refrain from learning others licks as much as possible..I have many influences and I take what I like most and put my own spin on it..that's what I do really..

I also love mixing genres as well..I take what I like about power, death, black, thrash and prog metal..and I throw all those elements into my own soup..which is a huge part of my creativity..I steal from everyone..

I never learn anyone elses stuff I just let it influence me..and I regurgitate everything I like..and it comes out pretty cool..hopefully.

Comment

one thing I've found is that playing covers really makes you grow as a player, at least at my unsophisticated level, as you are having to master many styles and get many different tones, etc. at least in my band I do.

I actually wrote a few riffs here and there back in the day, and recorded some shit with friends, but nothing serious. only now at 42 have I really progressed enough to be a solid band member. before this marriage and kids and moving for better jobs got in the way, yo.
                    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Working...
                    X