• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLO Clone Clips

http://members.cox.net/vhpete/Inmydreamssoldano.mp3

http://members.cox.net/vhpete/panamasoldano.mp3

http://members.cox.net/vhpete/KidCharlemagneSoldano.mp3

Please note: I did *not* try to 'note for note' any of these songs - all were first takes, and meant to be clips of the amp, not whether or not I did the songs just like the record. Nor did I try to get the sounds of the albums - I just did these three because I wanted to. Recording path was as follows:

2 SM57s on a JCM800 Marshall cab loaded w/Celestion GK85s (one mic was straight on at the lower dustcap center, other was 45 degree angle pointed at edge of dustcap on another speaker) into a Korg D1600, headphone out into my PC's stock soundcard. A little reverb added with Waves in Cool Edit Pro.

Pete

Pete, the amp sounds great. Sounds alot like a 5150 to me because of the increased bottom end. Its not as shrill and articulate as an SLO but it sounds really really good. I was trying to get that amp myself. After hearing it.. I wish I was successful. How does it compare to your JSX??

Comment

The amp sounds nice, very good tone and as always good playing.
      Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

That thing has monstrous low-end. I loved everything about it, the leadtones were great! The only downside was perhaps it was a bit muddy on the rhythm sometimes.
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Thanks guys. Yeah, I need to play with the EQ a bit - I noticed the mud too. I love it for leads, but it gets a little congested for rhythms. Compared to the JSX - haven't had a chance to A/B them. The JSX is more modern, the clone has a less compressed tone and a lot more agression to my ear. I'm hoping it takes the GT8 well - if it does, then I'll run the clone w/crunch on the clean channel and solo channel, and use the GT8 for a clean tone.

Pete

Comment

sounded great!!!

Comment

That Kid Charlemegne solo was beautiful, Pete!!

Wow, you really nailed that one.

I love Larry Carlton..especially with some extra GAIN!

MIke
              Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Thanks man! Felt weird playing charlemagne with such a high gain tone, but the old Clonedano doesn't sound too fuzzy to me.

Pete

Comment

ferris bueller, you're my hero.
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I think it has a nice gutsy sound. What sound card is being used may I ask?

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy
                      I think it has a nice gutsy sound. What sound card is being used may I ask?
                      Thanks for the kind words. It's the stock soundcard in an HP Tower... whatever generic crud they come with.

Pete

Comment

that sounds realy good Pete,imo it sits in between the SLO and 5150great sound

Comment

Nice playing and the amp sounds good.
                          "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Working...
                          X