Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live video - YYZ solo from Rush

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...=979597832&n=2

Kinda crappy audio, since it's off a camcorder, but you can hear the guitar. One of those improvised 'magic moments' fueled by beer. Guitar was my ever-present ESP MII, into the JSX with a Pod XTL for effects.

Pete

nice dude! i added you too!
    www.soundclick.com/patricklukens

www.myspace.com/patricklukens

Comment

thanks man!

Comment

cool stuff mate!realy looked good when you did that over the hand shitgreat
        and added you too

Comment

Nice job Pete! Is the station back open now?
          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by jjw
            cool stuff mate!realy looked good when you did that over the hand shitgreat
            and added you too
            Excellent, thanks!

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002
              Nice job Pete! Is the station back open now?
              Thanks Mark. As far as I know it's still gone - they had tax problems or something weird like that. We're playing a new place near Tulsa this Friday, hopefully it will go well.

Pete

Comment

You did a wonderful job, very good playing.

From experience, its very difficult a tough job indeed to get a good recording when doing a "live" set or tune. Its very hard to place and mix mic's to get a good recording. It takes time and experience to know how to get a good live recording, its not easy. Many times (and this in itself is also hard to do)you may have a killer sound going. Everybody's playing is on spot, sounding good just really a good night. You record and play it back and listen and it sounds nothing like it did live. Its very hard to get a good live recording, it least one your happy with.

I wished the overall recording quality was alittle better and I didn't get all the song. That said, which has nothing to do with your playing, as always your darn good and I always enjoy listening to you. Kudo's
                Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Hey Pete, good thing Alex wasn't in the crowd. That was a tough one!! Now kiddies.... let old Mr. G explain the horrors of too much beer during an off fret off the wall technical solo like the one in YYZ... NAH... better yet... let good ole Pete demonstrate it.
                  Pete.. I am constantly impressed with your playing. This time I am impressed with your My Space posting courage.
                  Love ya bro!! JG

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable
                    Hey Pete, good thing Alex wasn't in the crowd. That was a tough one!! Now kiddies.... let old Mr. G explain the horrors of too much beer during an off fret off the wall technical solo like the one in YYZ... NAH... better yet... let good ole Pete demonstrate it.
                    Pete.. I am constantly impressed with your playing. This time I am impressed with your My Space posting courage.
                    Love ya bro!! JG
                    Dang, was it that bad? I actually liked what I played - that song has such a weird scale, I just kinda go haphazard on it drunk or sober.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps
                      Dang, was it that bad? I actually liked what I played - that song has such a weird scale, I just kinda go haphazard on it drunk or sober.

Pete
                      Yep... that was brutal. Take it with a grain of salt. I am a HUGE Rush fan.
                      Missing 1 note in that solo makes me cringe. I liked what you played too. Just don't call it the solo to YYZ! :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable
                        Yep... that was brutal. Take it with a grain of salt. I am a HUGE Rush fan.
                        Missing 1 note in that solo makes me cringe. I liked what you played too. Just don't call it the solo to YYZ! :ROTF:
                        Next time I'll call my clip "YYZ with improv live solo"

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps
                          Next time I'll call my clip "YYZ with improv live solo"

Pete
                          anyway.. I don't think that Alex can sweep as nearly as good as you can!!

Comment

can't get the video to play, isn't working here with me.. :/

Comment

DragonKnight, update your flashplayer.

Great playing Pete, I liked it a lot. All I could hear was one off-bend, which is so minimal that I should be shot for even mentioning it!
                              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Working...
                              X