Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matthew Mills neoclassical

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7m3aIuGlUg
    I made a rock n roll sin when I tried giving in to make money, had to turn down low.

seen it

Comment

shit! 23 thousand views,he is doing some serious spamming.Not too bad but too copy cat to my liking and not pro enough to stand out

Comment

I thought it was much more musical than the typical neo stuff.
        I made a rock n roll sin when I tried giving in to make money, had to turn down low.

Comment

depends on what neoclassical stuff you listen to realy mate.He is an alright player and has matured in the last couple of years but compare him to the signed artists and you se he lacks that SPARK that seperates the men from the boys.ugly as sin doesnt help him too,lol..but if you like him good for you mate.May i sugest you check outhttp://www.georgebellas.com/MainSite/Pages/Home.html
          for similar neoclassical stuff but way better
          personaly the old school guys like Moore/Macalpine/YJM are the neoclassical masters

Comment

I'll bet when he talks, he does it a very fast but monotone voice. He must playing guitar like that.

What a waste of technique. Doesn't anybody that has the discipline to sit down and work on their chops 16hrs a day have enough sense to actually listen to themselves? BORING...

Like Justin said Macalpine, YJM, Gilbert etc... get it. 99% of these shred dudes just don't have the feel needed to make playing like that interesting enough... well, for me anyway.

Comment

i know the reason mate why these shred dudes dont have feel!Its the net-they have learnt for free online and have been sucked into the SPEED aspect of playing and have missed on the dynamics/timing and of course feeling.It doesnt actualy take too long to be able to rip through scales and rake triad shapes over the neck.The bending/vibrato/phrasing are the things that take time and show anyone how many years a player has under their belt

I myself came into lead guitar late compared to many these days-i was in a band(school onwards)and could only play powerchord round the neck.Didnt even know a penatonic scale.lol..the only scale i knew was a symetrical root/2nd/minor 3rd going up the neck..lol.but i could play that just about

then i heard YJM's dreaming solo and i was hooked-i bought troy's guitar book and learnt every thing from that.Now i could play fast

but i still realy didnt play pentatonics and still didnt have any bends or vibrato.I had the guitarist out of that bloody davedeedozybeakmickandtitch come over my house with his strat and he couldnt play fast or sweep but he pissed all over me with perfectly times blues phrases and VIBRATO.lol

i hope i havnt got any clips of me from those days-but if i did i would sound like 99% of these shred dudes!Most players want to run before they can walk its the same with martial arts-we all want to do the flashy jumping reverse turning kicks ect..its nature..But guitar needs to have EVRYTHING covered

most of these shred dudes know their weakness mate,and must be working on them as this dude here(mills)sounds A LOT better than when i heard him a couple of years back

Comment

asd

Boring player

Comment

I'd love to have chops like that, but most of his playing and phrasing in that clip doesn't do much for me... Chops, but little taste..

Comment

I have to agree.. I love shred but that was just lame. Despite all that amazing technique, he totally misses that first bend at around 0:29. Ouch. And what's with all the reverb?

Comment

Those shred-monsters have outstanding speedskills... but i'm always missing the main and most important thing...

COCHONES..... BALLS!!!!!
                      Stay fuckin metal.... for life!!! ALEX

www.myspace.com/alekshitz

Comment

Originally posted by AlTheHell
                        Those shred-monsters have outstanding speedskills... but i'm always missing the main and most important thing...

COCHONES..... BALLS!!!!!
                        That's why I love Pantera dude
                        "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Originally posted by Guitardude86
                          That's why I love Pantera dude
                          With the original DIMEBALLZ!
                          Stay fuckin metal.... for life!!! ALEX

www.myspace.com/alekshitz

Comment

Originally posted by khabibissell

Like Justin said Macalpine, YJM, Gilbert etc... get it. 99% of these shred dudes just don't have the feel needed to make playing like that interesting enough... well, for me anyway.
                            Not fair IMHO to lump Gilbert in with the neo-classical shred crowd. Have you heard anything from Paul in the last 10 years? It's more pop oriented music and he generally uses major sounding scales - even when shredding.

And now, back to the thread...

Comment

Amazing speed and technique..I can't even imagine being able to play like that. But, like most said...rather boring. At least YJM can phrase, bend and has amazing vibrato. I admit that my phrasing can be lame, especially considering how long I have been dicking with this stupid instrument, but I am hopelessly locked into my pentatonic prison. I can bend pretty well though and my vibrato is solid.

How do you get that fast? Jesus.

Mike
                              Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Working...
                              X