Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some input

Click here.

I've been working on this riff on and off on my spare time and I want to get your opinion on playing style, tips, approach, similarities etc. I recorded the whole thing using my Zoom PS-02 (plugged direct into pc to record over). The lead you hear was done on the whim but every single take that I've done always sounds similar. I've never really played my riffs etc. for anyone outside my band so i'm kind of look for a different perspective from you guys. Hit me with what you got positive or negative...

If it sounds like i'm ripping off someone's playing style please let me know haha
    Last edited by Ruxspin; 05-15-2006, 03:39 PM.

Sounds great!

There's an "MP3 Submissions" category here, however. Don't be surprised to find it there shortly.

Comment

Maidenesque
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

got a couple of pms regarding the link being down...its already been fixed and is ready to dl...also would like to move this post to the mp3 forum if possible

Comment

I liked it alot. great tempo. Really like the feedback you conjured up about 3/4 through it. melodic too. I could jam over it for hours.
          "tie two birds together and though they have four wings, they cannot fly"

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
            Maidenesque
            +1
            www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

Originally posted by Speiro
              +1
              Does it sound maidenesque because of similar playing style/attack or simply because the whole piece is just melodic all around? Ill be honest and say the lead is nothing more then running up and down the scale with nothing but hammer ons and pull offs. There is nothing in there that stands out (to me anyway) other then a few melodic lines over the rhythm. I really want some input on how to get out this rut. Maybe some one can give me pointers on the lead or can maybe recommend a different approach all together

Comment

When you figure it out let me know. I do that all of the time

Comment

I once heard "it's not the notes you play, it's the notes you don't play."
                  find some strategic places to pause for a dramatic effect. This'll sound gay as hell but picture the notes as the footsteps of a dancer(not titty-club type)hell, picture bugs bunny dancing(less gay)around elmer fudd in a chase scene. Speed up, chill a little...catch your breath and...RUN like hell!
                  I was quite inspired and could shred all over it but its yours. You gotta play what you feel. I'd plug through a pedal to give myself two distinct tones and record myself as a duel; me verses...me soloing over that melody. Go out of your way to make the phrasing similar but profoundly unique. Tab out what you like and set them in order to build to a showcase run at the end. From there who knows...go half feel and get bluesy and dark with it. Its your mister potato head, stick some shit in it!

Comment

You stole it...its my riff.
                    I was in a deep sleep and ventured into dream land and experienced this exact song.
                    Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Originally posted by Soap
                      You stole it...its my riff.
                      I was in a deep sleep and ventured into dream land and experienced this exact song.

hahaha....really? lol

Thanks for the advise madjack...Ill be sure to tab out the parts i like and i guess improve around it

Comment

Classical music=variations on a theme

Comment

Working...
                        X