Hell Awaits - sound check video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hell Awaits - sound check video

Here is a sound check we had last night: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_95pAZKg4-c

Tone sounded better live than what the camera could catch and the conversion process to wmv and then to youtube also jacked with the quality a bit.

I broke the low E string on my ESP Hanneman on the second song (war ensemble) and had to use my back up SL2H Green Ghost Flames that I just got 3 days ago for the rest of the set.

Cool, as somebody closely involved with the LA tribute scene, I really like to see accuracy in the instruments. What's your other guitarist got, a Bronze BCR Wartribe? He sounds like Kerry, and I see Marshall stacks.
    5 guys though - your singer needs to learn bass heh heh.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
      Cool, as somebody closely involved with the LA tribute scene, I really like to see accuracy in the instruments. What's your other guitarist got, a Bronze BCR Wartribe? He sounds like Kerry, and I see Marshall stacks.
      5 guys though - your singer needs to learn bass heh heh.
      I dont know what the model name is.
      Its not the cheap starter pack version but its not the custom shop guitar either....
      its the $900 model.

Here is my main stage guitar: http://www.slaytanicguitarist.com/guitar2.html
      Thats as accurate as you can get

Comment

sounds cool. the intro is a tad too fast, but hell, it's slayer

what gear other than the ESP?

Comment

Originally posted by Fragle
          sounds cool. the intro is a tad too fast, but hell, it's slayer

what gear other than the ESP?
          I currently use:
          ENGL Powerball
          ENGL Vintage Pro 4x12
          TC Electronics G-Major
          ESP Jeff Hanneman
          Green Ghost Flame SL2H

I'm going to be getting a(nother) 2203X and Marshall backline.
          I should have kept the one I had:
          Last edited by DannyM; 04-30-2006, 01:12 PM.

Comment

dude, you recorded that video using your powerball?! whoa....i coulda sword it was a jcm800 marshall, it has that marshall midrange going on as far as i can tell from the video. the powerball i played once didn't sound anything like that, actually it sounded like CRAP

Comment

Originally posted by Fragle
              dude, you recorded that video using your powerball?! whoa....i coulda sword it was a jcm800 marshall, it has that marshall midrange going on as far as i can tell from the video. the powerball i played once didn't sound anything like that, actually it sounded like CRAP
              Yes. It was my ENGL Powerball rig in that video.
              I can get it sound as good, and better than, a 2203X for Slayer tones.

Alot of people say that the Powerball cant cut thru or gets lost in a mix or isnt loud enough. I laugh out loud everytime I read that. It can cut thru....its all on how you dial it in. That night, on that stage, I used focus mode mids at 11 o'clock.

Comment

Working...
              X