Finished JCF Jam 3.5 track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Finished JCF Jam 3.5 track

That's why I need practice. I've spent years learning to play fast, but now I want more melody in my music.

Comment

"That's why I need practice. I've spent years learning to play fast, but now I want more melody in my music. "
      sounds familiar [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      i'm not realls satisfied with my speed (yet)...i can do 16th notes at around 205 bpm or something cleanly, so it's OK for most situations, but especially my fast sweep picking stuff needs some more work.
      anyways, lately i really got into the players that combine melody and shred such as criss oliva, or james murphy. especially murphy is a very unique player, you should definitely practice some of his stuff joe....very fusion like, lotsa harmonies....i try to do that shit all the time. plus you need to be REALLY tight when playing leads in order to get the harmonies on fast licks in synch, it's a great workout with a lot of musical foundation

Comment

Mine is the "SRV Tribute" (#5) [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I figured I'd go with something slower, since my shredding skills have gone to hell ever since I started playing in a lame classic rock band!

Comment

<font color="aqua">nicely done! I'm glad this was after the one I participated in...... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Great job guys [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            Sounded awesome!!!!!

Comment

thanks robo and chris!
              www.soundclick.com/patricklukens

www.myspace.com/patricklukens

Comment

Thanks for the advice Fragle! I'll have to check out James Murphy. Solo artist or does he play with a band??

Comment

well, he suffered from brain cancer so actually i'm not sure if he's doing any real guitar work right now, only studio work. having that said, he used to play with testament, obituary, death, disincarnate, and if you check out nevermore's this godless endeavor record, he was the one who played the insane lead for holocaust of thought (the little bass/drums instrumental interlude track). plus he played quite a few guest leads, e.g. malevolent creation - all that remains etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofxfr...rphy%26quot%3B

http://msanthrope.com/jamesmurphy/

Comment

all realy good but number 4 had great timed phrasing

Comment

Thanks for the links Fragle! Murphy is awesome.

Comment

Wow! All of you guys sound great! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                        Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Working...
                        X