Need an Honest Opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need an Honest Opinion

Ive been working hard at trying to get a good sound out of my equipment and i need to know if anyone else is digging it, cause after listening all day everyday im too used to the sound. Basically i recorded the intro to Shadows and Dust by arch enemy with garage band, and did all the drums with midi. Part 1 i would like to hear what people think of the drums, and 2 the guitars.....Please be vulgar and cruel and hold nothing back, and also please post your thoughts cause if im going in the wrong direction i dont want to waste any more time. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] http://s56.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1...M3QY0TUYISRNTE
    www.soundclick.com/matthewpigott

Re: Need an Honest Opinion

The rhythm sounds kinda "boxey" to me, like there's a wah on low, but then maybe that's what you were going for? The lead tone sounds good. It cuts through.

The snare has no "beef" to it (not my style), the cymbals are bright and sizzly (good), and the kick is clicky (not my style).
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Right...

I see you've called it "master 2" which i presume you've tried a mastering job on it?

If so, re-do it with a boost (like half a DB) to the lower mids and mids to bring up the beef.

Is your hi-hat panned center?If so, crack it out to the left )drummer perspective is my way anyway) and yeah, as newc said, get some beef to the snare.

ARe you using DRumkit from hell 2? If so, i suggest making a track 100% for the snare and doin all EQ on it and suck without affecting the kit.

Again, much the same way, beef up rhythm guitars by adding sme low end.

Comment

Dont know DRumkit from hell, im just using Garage band and it sucks. i have a USB key for logic but you cant download the full program anymore (fucking apple)! Thanks guys....ill do some more work and maybe post it later.
        [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Pretty good. I will agree on the drums sounds - cymbals are good, but the kicks and snares are a tad weak. Try boosting the mids on them. I would also pan the hi-hat a bit too.
          Guitars sound nice when the 2 rhythms are playing together. The first lone guitar does sound a bit...Pod-ish. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Screw around with the EQ on that and it'll sound better I'm sure. Lead could be a tiy bit louder in the mix too. What's your guitar set up?
          All in alll I still thought it was very good work! Keep us posted, I'd definetly love to hear more.
          THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Here is instalment number 2. Raised the lead a touch. Did some EQing on the guitars and raised the bass up a touch, panned the high-hat, as well as changed the kick and snare. As for my setup: Digitech 2101 preamp, Peavey classic 60 power amp, Ibanez TB212 cab [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] Jackson RR1. Thanks for the tips, and any more help would be apreciated! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] http://s59.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...12V3UFS5608IV0

Comment

Working...
            X