• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cakewalk Question

I finally got this set up on my machine and I got an sm57
    and a M-Audio Pre USB Interface so I can now actually
    record over backing tracks.
    My question is why can't I hear the track coming in from
    the mike "While" I'm recording? It plays back fine but I can't hear it while I'm recording.
    I've got my amps cranking pretty loud and the backing
    track is comin in thru my headphones.
    It would be nice to be able to hear what I'm playing
    in the headphones as well.
    Anyone here use Cakewalk and can help me out?

I also have CoolEdit Pro (thanks Newbie) but it's not recognizing my M-Audio Unit.
    I import my backing track but then ...nothing.
    I assumed it would automatically see the USB interface
    and let me turn on record like cakewalk does.
    So I'm just using cakewalk for now.
    On a good note my 5150 combo sounds f'n killer miked, and so does my B-52 combo!
    My poor wife is getting blasted out of the house [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    thanks
    A serious noobie at this shit [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Re: Cakewalk Question

I'm not familiar with Cakewalk at all, but you might be able to fix that in the Preferences section. Just keep flipping through menus and browsing the help files until you find it.

HTH

Comment

You have to turn the channel monitor on......There should be something about it in the help section, because i have never used it and cannot tell you where it is....but thats what youre looking for
      www.soundclick.com/matthewpigott

Comment

what Cakewalk product are you useing,,sonar, guitar tracks, home studio, music creator?
        MOSH ON
        DAVE
        "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          what Cakewalk product are you useing,,sonar, guitar tracks, home studio, music creator?
          MOSH ON
          DAVE

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

Comment

In sonar you have to click on the button right of the arm recording button so it lights up green, like in picture below.

Hope that helps

Comment

Ok, I went to Sunday River to grab a couple days of skiing now I'm back.
              Maotor that is the "Echo On" switch and it works but there
              is a delay and it throws me off. Is there a way to kill the delay.
              I'm using Sonar 4 Producer.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                In sonar you have to click on the button right of the arm recording button so it lights up green, like in picture below.

Hope that helps

[/ QUOTE ]

i was gonna suggest that too,,,if your getting a delay ,,what is your latency set at on your audio device?,,,,,,which is what exactly [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] ? are you using ASIO or WDM drivers?
                i have 2 rigs, one running sonar 4 producer with an M-audio audiophile 24/96 card,
                and the other running sonar 5 producer with a Roland SI-24 and an R-bus card.

M-audio writes the drivers for both cards and they have there own control pannel where you can set the latencey and moniter the mixer inputs at the output. does your USB device come with any native software for it?
                MOSH ON
                DAVE
                "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

my usb device is an M-audio.
                  Where can I see what the latency is set at and what do I do with it?

Comment

To set your latency you must click the top menu section options then choose audio and you will get a menu like the ones below. first thing you do is go to the second tab called advanced and set the driver mode to ASIO like shown below.

Now you can go back to the first tab called general and there is a button called asio panel like shown below

click on the button asio panel and you can set your latency, anything under 10 ms will do, setting your latency too low can cause audio dropouts, if this happens you have to set the latency higher.

Hope that helps...

Comment

what he said

[ QUOTE ]
                      my usb device is an M-audio.
                      Where can I see what the latency is set at and what do I do with it?

[/ QUOTE ]

which one bro? Audiophile USB, Fast Track USB, Fast Track Pro, MobilePre USB, Transit ?

MOSH ON
                      DAVE

Comment

mobilepre USB
                        cool I'll set as close to 10 as I can without drop offs and see if it kills the delay
                        thanks guys

Comment

Working...
                        X