Racer X Technical Difficulties cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racer X Technical Difficulties cover

Been wanting to record this for a long time.......still cant get the drums to sound real....(maybe cause they are fake) [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] but im quite happy with the version ive recorded.....Hope you like it, and keep shredding!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] http://s63.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0...S0KXBROQ9JYNJJ
    www.soundclick.com/matthewpigott

Re: Racer X Technical Difficulties cover

Shame on me, but I've never heard any Racer X songs. Even so, this track kicks ass and then some. Killer chops, tone and overall greatness...What equipment were you using?
    DIVIDE THIS LAND | DIRTY 'N' HEAVY, SERVED PIPING HOT

Comment

digitech 2101 preamp.....peavey classic 60....ibanez tb212 cab......charvel model A. Thanks for the kind words

Comment

Sounds great!

Comment

Damn right it sounds great! Awesome - thanks for sharing.
          Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Hey Matt,

Sounded great bro [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Good job and the only constructive criticism i have is the solo (2nd half of the song) lacked a little bit of feeling that the original had. But it IS Paul Gilbert playing in the original so......... Anyway, great job and hope to hear more from you!!!
            Oh.. i also have a 2101.... could you post the settings so i can get that PG lead tone and also do you have the backing track available? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Thanks!!!!

Jeremy

Comment

I liked it , very well played, i hava done a cover of this song with my band in the past, so i am well aware of how difficult it is to learn it IMO the solo didnt lack the feeling, i would say you had put in some great feeling. the run at 0:47- 0:50 , was amazingly well played ,i had some troubles with it so i played it differently, could you explain how you played it

did you play it like that

e-------------------------------------
              b-------------------------------------
              g-------4-7-9---------9-12-14---------
              d---5-7--------7-9-12---------12-14-17 so on
              a-7-----------------------------------
              e-------------------------------------

Comment

2:34-2:38 was also great. , you rock!

Comment

that totally rocks man...excellent job! Cool playing and some nice tones too..
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

JC.....im not sure what parts in particular you are refering to.....Maybe im just a dullard but i have no idea hahaha. Thanks for all the comments. And i can attribute my lack of feeling to how long i have been playing......i will go no further in hopes that i dont look like a jackass.

Comment

Sorry.....forgot to answer DarkSaga.......How do i send the settings? I know there is a way to export patches but i have no idea......? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey Matt,

I don't know how to send it either [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Just post what you have everything set to like algorithm #? Distorted Tube? Gain? Eq? Chorus? etc etc.....

Also could you share the backing?

Finally, don't take my comment in a negative way! It was not intended like that at all! You did a really great job and the song was played really well. It is just that sometimes Pauls solo makes the hair on my neck stand up while your solo was pretty good, just not neck hair standing good [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] You know what I mean....... [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img] You are a great player and your progress is evident everytime you post something for us to hear. No offense intended bro!!!!!!!

Jeremy

Comment

Dont worry man non taken......As for the algorithm......There's a 2tap 5.0sec delay on set to: delay 1: 0.400, delay 2: 0.000, feedback 51%, level 74 and RptHld is off. Overall wet to dry is dry66 wet44. Distortion is on the grunge setting (solid state) Gain1 is at 11.0. The EQ changes from amp to amp but its slightly scooped at 640hz, and the treble is fairly high. Make sure you have the FX Loop setting to SUMMED. It makes a big difference in the sound. I also have a noisegate one with a -65db threshold, Hyst is at 12db, HldTime 48ms, Attack 0.000ms, and release at 150ms. Attn (?) is at 45db, and delay for the gate is at 5.0ms.......The gate isnt too important though.......The lead sound at the very end is different, but i dont feel like writing it all out right now [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Enjoy.......Do you have a regular 2101 or the LE model, because ive heard there are some large differences in sound from the 1 to the 2 Sdisk systems? Ill post the backing track soon. Cheers!

Comment

Hey Matt,

Thanks for writing out the settings bro i appreciate it!!!! I'll try it out later and start practicing this song [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                            I have a regular 2101 that has been modded to the latest software version and also has the dual S-Discs. So it basically a LE with a regular face plate.

Thanks!!!!

Comment

Heres the backing track..... http://s44.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...U3AZTHP930Q3DG

Comment

Working...
                              X