Gina vs Podxt for recording

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gina vs Podxt for recording

I picked up a Pod xt and it has motivated me to start recording again. I have a Gina that I bought about 7 years ago and I was wondering if I should use that or use the Pods USB to record. Any thoughts on which would be better? or at least advantages and disadvantages?

I don't have the Gina hooked up (I can't find the card) at the moment so a side by side test isn't an option right now. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Re: Gina vs Podxt for recording

I use the XT to record, and the stuff doesn't come out too bad, so I'd say use the XT.

Comment

Thanks man...I think I gave away the Gina PCI card when I donated my last computer...DOH!!! So I have been using the POD direct and so far I really like it. I just can't use it for vocals so we can all be thankful for that!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Yes you can use the PODXT for vocals. It works ok with the Tube preamp model and a few tweaks. I actually got decent results with a Shure SM58 and a few vocal patches.

Comment

no kidding...thanks! that is good to know. I have a Joe Meek vocal pre amp and an SM58 from my previous singing failures... [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, you can just find an amp model, or tube pre amp (in the xt) to get a sound you like for vocals. I actually use mine for guitar, and bass [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X