X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live JSX YYZ Crowley clips from last saturday

http://mothrastewart.com/newaudio/crowley2.mp3

http://mothrastewart.com/newaudio/YYPete.mp3

Both are live, direct off the soundboard. The vocals were a little funky (ton of delay) on crowley, so I just put the first solo on here.

The YYZ cover (Rush) had some weird mixing issues towards the end, so I faded it. Also, our drummer does a solo in the middle, so I edited it out.

Just wanted to put some 'live' clips of the JSX up. one SM57 mic'd on a Marshall 4x12 w/celestion 75s. guitar was an ESP MII w/Duncan JB in the bridge, floyd rose trem.

Pete

Re: Live JSX YYZ Crowley clips from last saturday

Cool Pete ...you cover this stuff very well as always..

Do you have any original stuff??!!

Bill
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Thanks Bill. Not really... I was in an original 80s metal band back in the late 80s early 90s - we almost got signed, but the band blew apart. Ever since then, I've been a cover whore. Band I'm with has been talking about writing some stuff, we'll see how it goes.

Comment

nice stuff Pete...I liked YYZ the best of thse 2.

the JSX sounds good too.
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Very good covers! I liked YYZ the best too, but I'm a Rush nut.
          THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Thanks guys. I think we found a good venue to play - instead of girls coming up asking if we could play brick house, there were people giving me the horns when I did guitar solos. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Good times!

Comment

dude, what venue is that? I live an hour and a half south of tulsa, I'd love to come listen to you guys.
              I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

Brick House is a great tune.
                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Pretty tight. Bass sounds really nice. The JSX sounds very nice, it cuts through the mix like a charm and sounds really good. Nice, very tight band! WTF is wrong with your drummer's snare? Did he steal Lars's?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    dude, what venue is that? I live an hour and a half south of tulsa, I'd love to come listen to you guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was at Kenosha Station in broken arrow. We play again there on march 31st and April 1st. Usually a $5 cover, but it's all us both nights. Last time we played there, we were the opening band the first night, then they had to open for us the next night. I much prefer 'single band' gigs.

Pete

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Pretty tight. Bass sounds really nice. The JSX sounds very nice, it cuts through the mix like a charm and sounds really good. Nice, very tight band! WTF is wrong with your drummer's snare? Did he steal Lars's?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, the sound guy at the venue did that. His snare sounds good 'acoustically'. It was our first time there, so we just went with the flow.

Pete

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Brick House is a great tune.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brick House, Mustang Sally, Free Bird, etc... they are all the same to me. nothing wrong with em, they just are the generic 'every band plays that shit' songs in my opinion. We're thinking of rearranging it with drop tuned guitars grinding it out.

Pete

Comment

I may be in Tulsa (my home town) around the end of March. I'll try to get out there and see you guys. You definitely play the stuff I enjoy. I've been to Kenosha Station a few times, nice little club.
                          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Dude, we're playing Kenosha March 31st and April 1st. C'mon out, we can talk guitars and I'll buy you a beer!

Pete

Comment

A Beer??? [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] I'll plan on it bro!
                              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
                              X