Addicted to YouTube.com, check this guy out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Addicted to YouTube.com, check this guy out

This has to be the best playing of a Yngwie song I have ever seen (other than Yngwie himself)...damn

Far Beyond the Sun [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Re: Addicted to YouTube.com, check this guy out

you really thought so? glad you like it and everything, but personally I think that was pretty unimpressive...

Comment

That was pretty damn impressive! Few small screwups and all, but a hell of alot better than I could do!
      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        you really thought so? glad you like it and everything, but personally I think that was pretty unimpressive...

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly... I honestly don't think he did anything special/impressive at all. Above all, he managed to mess up the main/intro "riff"... how the HELL do you manage that when putting as much effort as he obviously has into learning this song!??!
        https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Jesus guys, just a few screwups and it's unimpressive. Let's see you do that! He's only got three thousand notes to pick, God forbid he fuck three up. That comes down to a a 99.9% accuracy. Sounds pretty good for a Malmsteen cover.

Not trying to flame you here guys, but come on! That was pretty fuckin' good.

Comment

hehe, it wasn't that he fucked up a note or something, I just felt it wasn't very "fluid"...it constantly sounded "strained" I don't know if you can understand this, but to my ears it was unimpressive. sorry. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, same here! I'm not racking down on him for missing a few notes here and there... except for the very first part of the song! I stand by my words that I think it sucks not playing it right... I mean, it isn't hard to play at all!

What Rune and I are trying to say is that we don't agree with this statement: "This has to be the best playing of a Yngwie song I have ever seen (other than Yngwie himself)...damn"... Because I've heard alot of guys play Yngwie songs that sounded better than this to my ears.

It's all in fun, just our opinions [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I think that to me, it's also that I don't think there ar many guys out there that do Yngwie songs justice. Yngwie is a one of a kind to me! His playing makes me cry, that's how good he really is IMO! Gotta take that into consideration, I'm probably not being totally objective! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

> I'd say he pretty much has it down,it's not like he's gonna impress anyone other than a non-player with that piece anyway,so why bother trying to impress us. He can play,no doubt about it. What I found myself watching over and over was his fingering,it's pretty obvious that this guy had NO formal training in the beginning,so his index finger wasn't in what most instructors would call the "proper" place,he just made it do what he needed it to do,with repitition and sheer will,much the same way I did. Some players watching this piece being played for the first time would be kinda lost going home and trying to learn it,because they can't really see what his index/middle fingers are doing. He's probably just the kid in his group that wanted to learn to play the most. I'd shake his hand,for sure,God knows I'd love to be able to play it again. Tommy D.
                  "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

totally agree with Anders.
                    if you see the documentary about Jason Becker and his ALS disease, you can see footage where he plays YJM's "black star" in high school, and he does it with real vigor even if he misses a couple of notes.
                    That is the only time I've ever seen anyone hold a candle to the man himself.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      What Rune and I are trying to say is that we don't agree with this statement: "This has to be the best playing of a Yngwie song I have ever seen (other than Yngwie himself)...damn"

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, that's fair then.

Comment

I thought it was good, although I wonder why he learned it in standard tuning? Yngwie is in E flat.
                        Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Probably learned it in Eb then picked up another axe that was tuned to standard.

Comment

Working...
                          X