Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guthrie Govan?

Who?
    Most people i know have the same response when i mention who Guthrie is for the first time. Hes one of the best guitar players i have seen in my life, and gets no recognition whatsoever. For those of you who have read guitar techniques magazine, he is one of the teachers there. But, more recently has began working on a cd of his own that will be out soon (i hope).....anyway, enough babbling. Here are some clips of his playing from the tone merchants website. This stuff has kept me up all night practicing for 5 days now. GOVAN [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
    www.soundclick.com/matthewpigott

Re: Guthrie Govan?

WOW!! That was incredible!

Comment

Yes sir ree! AWESOME player. I have a Suhr that was ordered thru Tone Merchants (where he got his) at the same time as his. Mine doesn't have the reverse headstock [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] and has no inlays [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] basically identical otherwise. Great guitar too!
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

old news over here mate-great player and a nice guy too

Comment

I have footage of him playing at NAMM. Great player!

http://mcs.acidpit.org/Movies/

Look for the clip with Guthrie in the title. I have another clip from the prior year but it's not posted.

Comment

If you can find it..check out a track of his called "Wonderfully Slippery Thing"..it was included in an issue of Guitar Techniques Magazine...one word..WOW!
            DiMarzio Endorsee
            www.dimarzio.com
            Morley Endorsee
            www.morley.com
            "Intelli-Shred" author
            www.myspace.com/intellishred
            NEW BOOK OUT! "ARPEGGIO MADNESS

Comment

Yeah i agree, i had that issue........Great stuff............Spent weeks learning that tapping lick in the middle. If anyone else has vids please share!
              www.soundclick.com/matthewpigott

Comment

He is amazing, most verstile player i know , besides string savvy .lol

Comment

Wow I had never seen this guy before.... he is an INSANE PLAYER!!!

This is like Steve Vai meets John Coltrane meets a barrel of the strongest coffee you can come up with.. SWEET!

Comment

string savy rules!

Comment

Working...
                    X