Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curses

Okay... this is my newest doodle.
    I think I am starting to kinda find my zone, or at the very least, the direction I want to go in.
    I have much more work to do on the rest of my music, but I'm pretty happy with this one at the moment... yes that is click track you can barely hear at the end. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]
    And yes, it could maybe use a rim tap or two. But whatevah.
    A few little acoustic meedlees for Tim (nothing fancy).
    Hope you enjoy it. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Curses
    It's the first song, obviously.

Re: Curses

I check it out a couple hours ago and (I'm listening again). You have really been out doing yourself lately! (“My Angels”) [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] All the vocals sound pro! (I like how you mixed the melodies…) And the guitar!...Love the acoustic!

You can defiantly hear a difference in the production too...So what are you recording with? Software?

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Great stuff, your an excellent writer.
      I enjoyed it so much I listened to it several times, again great stuff.
      Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Thanks guys!!

Dave,
        I used to use a Soundblast Audigy card (bleh) and I've used pretty much every Cakewalk software there is. It's good software and easy to maneuver around in, but it wasn't quite doing it for me. And I really needed a dedicated recording soundcard, the Soundblasters just don't cut it.
        Keith recently souped up the studio computer with tons of power and memory and designed it strictly for recording, that is it.
        I switched to an M-Audio sound card and ProTools a few months ago and am loving it in so many ways! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice one, Em [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Reminds me of the opeth "Damnation" album with female vocals. I'm an avid metalhead, but I can chill to this stuff all day and feel relaxed. Great atmosphere in the song. Top-notch stuff.

Comment

very cool Em. glad to hear some meedlee [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

<font color="aqua">Em, you have a PM.....

Also, can anyone tell me why I can't see the song list on Ems "my space" page? Is it possible that my spyware is blocking something? </font>
                Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]..My sis!
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Hi guys!
                    Thanks for listenin' and leaving me a note here, that is most cool of you!

Dave... I PM'd you back. The MySpace player is wonky and doesn't always play, even though songs are listed.
                    It's lame. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Here is a direct link to curses: Click Me

Comment

A doodle?!!! You make me sick!

Very nice! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Just listened...very nice!!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          A doodle?!!! You make me sick!

Very nice! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">freakin ditto! What a beautiful song Em!! Man, what a great style and sound you have and not to mention your voice, it's fantastic - [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
                          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I like it Em, it has that singer/songwriter vibe of the early 70's with a dark-metal twist.-Lou
                            " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Awww... thanks yous guys!
                              I'm tickled pink that y'all could dig it!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Lou- that is exactly the kinda vibe I was going for.
                              I love the female singer/songwriters from the 70s.
                              Notabley: Joni Mitchell, Linda Ronstadt and Melanie Safka.

Comment

Working...
                              X