My take on the JCF backing track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My take on the JCF backing track

I don't want to upset anybody, but I thought I'd post my take on that jam we had a few months back. The solo is composed in a sense (I can't improvise well at all), but what you hear is my second crack at it once I knew what I wanted to play. Comments always welcome...

http://s54.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...S0V2VHUY32VYSN

Re: My take on the JCF backing track

Sounded very good, you are a bit loud in the mix though

Comment

Yeah, what I posted wasn't mixed at all. It's the "placeholder" track I sent in a while ago for jam III. I had it sitting on my 'puter so I thought I'd throw it on up.

Thanks for the comment though! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Shit Steve...Thats fuckin killer! I hope this Jam thing doesnt die off. Still gotta few to hear from. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

That was great!
          THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

That was really good, man!

Comment

Cool man... your "feel" cam thru on the recording. Nice!
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

<font color="aqua">excellent playing there, my friend....got a little of that ability you can send my way? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
                Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Damn! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words! I appreciate it. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

holy shit! There's one lick at the beginning which is exactly like the one on my contribution (gonna be part of JCF Jam III). [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      And we didn't even hear each others version before... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                      Great playing btw!

I still hope that Pete will get the JCF Jam III together soon, I sent my contribution many weeks ago. Then you'll hear what I'm talking about. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                      http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I have been listening to alot of Iron Maiden lately, I think that is where I got that. Funny because that opening lick was the first thing that came out when I tried soloing along with this.

I submitted mine weeks ago as well. I saw the icon and my desktop and figured I'd submit it. There is some sloppiness there and I don't like the tone, but I didn't want to fix it up and mess with the spirt of the thing.

I hope these jams continue as well. It would be a shame if it didn't, especially if it was due to a few bad apples. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                        X