SHRED!! AGAIN!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SHRED!! AGAIN!!!!

yep, this ones called "enter the dragon," and im still not really sure why i call it that. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

http://s52.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0...1030T3DHRU3AUA

^ its on you send it for now, later ill be able to put it on my mp3unsigned page.
    www.soundclick.com/patricklukens

www.myspace.com/patricklukens

Re: SHRED!! AGAIN!!!!

Dude, how'd you learn to play and how long have you been playing? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Badassedly awesome! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Oh, and also, is that you're whole band or a drum/bass synth?

Comment

Ive been playing for about 7 or 8 years now, almost half of my life lol.

i used to take lessons from a jazz guitarist, but wed mostly just jam for an hour every week, so i never really practiced technique or anything up untill about 2 years ago, thats when my playing IMO started improving. I started listening to more guitar players and learning new things and ways to attack the instrument. My playing has improved alot recently now that ive been recording my own stuff with a program called rifftracker (this thing is THE SHIT!!) its how i do all my songs.

edit: no its just me playing rythym and bass and a drum synth (part of rifftracker, which is again, the shit)

Comment

nice man, im gonna have to check out that rifftracker thing hah

it plug into the computer or something?

(my bad if i'm jackin your thread bro [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

Comment

www.line6.com

it comes with the guitarport i think now.

great software.

Comment

awesome, thanks dude!

Comment

no problem

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  i used to take lessons from a jazz guitarist, but wed mostly just jam for an hour every week, so i never really practiced technique or anything up untill about 2 years ago, thats when my playing IMO started improving. I started listening to more guitar players and learning new things and ways to attack the instrument.

[/ QUOTE ]
                  That training regimen probably laid the foundation to your phrasing and feel. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] A lot of players over-focus on technique, and their solos often sound boring and masturbatory as a result. I can't say this about yours though, because it has a solid foundation in melody.

As for the recording itself - the levels are a bit high in the mix, causing a tremolo effect, so the playing doesn't quite come through to its fullest potential.

Btw, I love the harmonized bits in this. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]
                    i used to take lessons from a jazz guitarist, but wed mostly just jam for an hour every week, so i never really practiced technique or anything up untill about 2 years ago, thats when my playing IMO started improving. I started listening to more guitar players and learning new things and ways to attack the instrument.

[/ QUOTE ]
                    That training regimen probably laid the foundation to your phrasing and feel. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] A lot of players over-focus on technique, and their solos often sound boring and masturbatory as a result. I can't say this about yours though, because it has a solid foundation in melody.

As for the recording itself - the levels are a bit high in the mix, causing a tremolo effect, so the playing doesn't quite come through to its fullest potential.

Btw, I love the harmonized bits in this. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for the mixing advice, i really appreciate any help i can get with this. im not really a pro at mixing at all, in fact i have no idea what to do. oh well lol.

Comment

oh and for all you lazy bastids

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Showmp3.a...3878&aid=10001

mp3unsigned link, hooray! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

once again you rock [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                        just don't forget about Texas when you tour! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                        Amp... Pioneer
                        Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Wow! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                          http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            once again you rock [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                            just don't forget about Texas when you tour! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

how could i forget the lone star state? its only the greatest place to live, ever.

thanks guys.

Comment

Very Cool!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X