The (Drunken) Trooper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The (Drunken) Trooper

Here's another "parody" of a great song from a show we played 8-10 years ago thatI found. Some drunken Iron maiden his time instead of slayer... Don't laugh too hard, there's a few doozies on this...

Nice sound at least, recorded right off the board mix. I won't comment about the playing, haha.. Too many Jagers... At least I don't sing!

http://www.clevelandmetalzone.com/mp...ox_trooper.mp3

For those that missed this winner... Some slayer...
    http://www.clevelandmetalzone.com/mp...adskinmask.mp3

Re: The (Drunken) Trooper

I think they're both really good. You can't go wrong playing an Iron Maiden tune, especially if you do it well. You guys did that.

Comment

That sounded pretty good. "Let me hear you, Bottom Line!" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Which solo were you?
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I think they both sounded great...what equiptment were you using?

Comment

Wow, thanks for the compliments, I appreciate them.

At that time. I was probably using my Jackson Fusion USA or Charvel 475 w/EMG81s>PA-2 Preamps)95Q wah>Voodu Valve preamp> Intellifex>Marshall EL34 100/100 power amp, and he would have been using his 95 San Dimas w/Dimarzio Super-3>ENGL 520>Marshall 800 of some sort.

I'm playing first at 2:18 He's at 2:43.

Thanx again for the props guys!

Comment

that rocked John, you guys did a pretty fine job on that. Nice vocals too. The Trooper was always a crowd pleaser in the cover bands I was in... even though I couldn't do the harmony parts by myself [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

+1

Very good for being drunk or sober [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I agree, sounded great!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Killer stuff, John. Really great playing and you guys nailed the vibe of that song! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                  Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

That was killer! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Wow, thanks guys. Much appreciation.

I wish I could record all that stuff again now that I'm a better player. There's a lot of cringing going on when I hear that stuff personally.

Comment

I was probably there..if you hear any loud profanities , that's me. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Ron does Maiden better than Slayer..he did do some things well. Musically its cool as hell.

Too bad you can't post some old Savatage tunes...you seem to do that best. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Woooo-wheee!! Bitchin'.
                          Sweet solo, John. Yours was better. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          I like the Slayer tune the best though, of course. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Always wanted to try a Voodoo Valve, I think you tone is great. Maybe I'll have to pick one up soon and check it out.

Comment

Voodu requires lotsa tweaking. It's a deep unit with most of the coolness being in the pre and post EQ. Lotsa magic in that. Presets are lame... I blew those things off everytime I tried one, till I got a deal on one and REALLY F-d with it a while. Then I loved it.

Comment

Working...
                              X