My Angels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Angels

Okaaaaay. I wrote this song last May for my two kiddos, it's a feel good song. Awwww. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    I was working on it today and my kiddos came running into the studio and said "Leave it just like that, Mom!".
    So I did.

It's the first song in the list, My Angels
    There's a few seconds of silent lead-in, just so ya know. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Re: My Angels

Man Em, I really like your stuff. I'm going to start working on something tonight to send you. I've got a few ideas I need to put down.
    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

there are a lot of great shredders and whatnot but as far as songwriting goes, EM can kick all our asses.
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Jim-
        Excellent! Send 'em on over!

Endrik-
        Awww... thanks, bro! That really means a lot to me.
        I've got some more work to do on the other songs (just adjusting levels and stuff), I'm slowly getting there. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I've listened to this a few different times today & wanted to post each time about how much I loved it, but couldn't quite put it into words. Still can't, really. It's not just the great vocals... there's just something about the honesty & the emotion of it & how you make it seem so easy, when we all know it's not easy at all... I know! [img]/images/graemlins/idea2.gif[/img] Talent!! Thanks for using your gift & sharing it with us! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Great job, Emmy [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

I might send you some things to check out that are kinda similar to this that need words and a voice.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

WOW!!

You Rock!!
              I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Thanks guys! You're so awesome! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Yeah, it's very different than what I normally do, but it's just the way it came out. I couldn't dark it down or thrash it out, well... that might be cool actually... nah, just kidding. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                Honestly, I almost didn't even record the song because I can barely sing it, not because it's hard, just because it's so close to my heart. I wanted to give them something they could always have forever. Awww. Isn't that sweet?
                I'm such a sap when it comes to my kiddos. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Thank you for giving it a listen, maybe a far cry from what you normally listen to, I appreciate it all the same. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Newc,
                Sure, bro! You know where to find me! I would absolutely love to work on something with ya. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

-Emmy

Comment

Well when it comes narturaly from the heart..it will be good..

especialy when you have the "skill" to materialize an idea to music ..such as this..

Emmy has great inspiration and passion for the song itself..so yeah, it has to be good.

You can tell it's from her heart..

Now we get to see Emmy other side..which is nice.

I have another side..but I'll never let you fuckers see it..don't want to expose my soft under belly..you'd just kick it. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Great Job Sis , as always!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Nice voice..but you know this. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Bill Z Bro
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I have to say that was pretty damn nice. You could tell you really believed in the song. Nice singing and arrangment.
                    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Ya know... Your voice has so much potential Emme...

With pro production, your voice would be as good as anything you hear national, damn close as it stands with minimal production.

Nice work!

Do you have that in a multitrack format where the tracks could be separated?

Comment

Thanks guys, I really appreciate you having a listen and your sweet comments. Awww.
                        Yeah... the softer side of Emmy. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
                        My kiddos, of course.

John,
                        Yes, I do have this in multi-track format. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                        In fact, I just switched platforms. The other songs were recorded with Cakewalk and an Audigy soundcard, I was just not happy with the quality. The guitars are not very clear and they all sound muddy to me, no matter what tricks I used. Vocals are okay, but not great IMO.
                        I just switched to ProTools and an M-Audio card. I love it!
                        Still finding my way around, but it really rocks.
                        "My Angels" is the first song I've completed using the new set-up.
                        I've got to re-do the other songs... gettin' there.
                        I don't like to do too much to the tracks because I want them to be fairly naked whenever I get around to getting them mastered. I don't know if that's the best idea or not, eh, whatever.
                        I looked into learning how to do that myself, but it just freaks me out. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I wonder if that would come up and be editable in Sonar?

I have the facilty to do this recording stuff an never do! I've been looking at it more in my recent bouts of boredom though.

Hmmmm...

Comment

Sounded great to me Emmy! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                            Scott
                            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

If you'd like my help in production/mastering stuff, lemme know - can't beat the price either [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X