Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Godhead's Lament...

Hi all !

Haven't posted anything in here for ages, so here's a short 2min clip (the whole song is almost 10min) of my latest...

Godhead's Lament

The song is Opeth's Godhead's Lament, and I'm really disappointed in the quality of this since I encoded at 128k for web posting, the original sounds so much better. Anyway, comments and critique please ! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Godhead\'s Lament...

i love the melodic theme used in this,it realy draws me in and keeps my attention.tone and playing on all intruments is superb,well done

Comment

Thanks, I might post another section of the song soon. I was mostly after comments on the guitar tone and overall production of the track...

Comment

cool,will look forward to it
        One minor little niggle here,the conection for the mp3 was very S L O W.lol(i have fast BB)
        perhaps others here had the same problems too
        anyway apart from that-it rocked

Comment

Wow, this is awesome, I'd say it's good recording quality. It's good to hear someone recording something like Opeth every once in a while. What guitars and amp do you use, and how do you record and what programs do you use? This sounds really, really good in quality to me. Dude, and one last thing, you friggin rocked on the solo. I was hoping for it to be good when it came, and you did it awesome, I like the harmonizing part in it, sorry it's just that the recording sounds really good, especially the drums.

Comment

Thanks dude, I did spend alot of time on production. All instruments done by me, except bass which is my brother. Drums are in fact programmed, its a drum machine... Guitar used was a '90 Soloist Pro, running through a V-amp 1, running through alot of filters/effects. I use Cooledit for multitracking and Wavelab for audio editing.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              cool,will look forward to it
              One minor little niggle here,the conection for the mp3 was very S L O W.lol(i have fast BB)
              perhaps others here had the same problems too
              anyway apart from that-it rocked

[/ QUOTE ]
              Yeah, slow for me, too, and I have a fast cable connection. It buffers, then plays for like 3 or 4 seconds, buffers again, plays again. Blah!
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Damn, I think I'll have to find another host site...

Comment

Working...
                X