X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• video - new guitar/night ranger content

short solo w/the new guitar... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

www.mothrastewart.com/newaudio/BGNRsolo.avi

I know the backing sucks, and it's a big clip (10mb) for the length of solo, but I'm having trouble with my usual compression program. Oh well. This was the second take, first one had a real big clam in the middle. *shrugs* I'm still trying to get my band to play this, I think it would be fun, they think it's a wuss song. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Spent several hours setting it the guitar last night - sorry jam fans, it kept calling to me. I had to:

1) shim the neck. trem had to be raised a bit to get full travel, but then the action was craptacular.

2) changed out the saddles for locking ones from a 'donor' floyd

3) tightened the truss rod (in the heel, had to take off the neck again, DOH!)

4) took one spring off the trem (now running three) and tightened the claw to make up the difference - made it looser feeling/more warbly

5) tuned it to pitch w/ .009 to .046 strings, adjusted the springs a bit so the trem ran parallel, streched the strings and recorded the clip! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Re: video - new guitar/night ranger content

Wuss song, no way...Sister Christian rocks man.

Very nice, that's a cool guitar. Now I think my next project will be a red hot rod strat [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice Pete. Your tone is almost dead on. I love that solo.

I want to do Sister Christian in our band but everyone keeps shootin me down. Maybe after John see's this he'll change his mind! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

By the way didn't mention it in your other thread but, you get good tones out of your POD!
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Thanks guys! Jim - I don't know why our bandmates don't want to play this song - it's insanely popular, been on a dozen soundtracks, and chicks dig it - PLUS there's a fun guitar solo on it. I don't see any downside, personally. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

Well, for a slow tune I used to enjoy doing it as it had some power chords, except it was really hard to get that feedback part some nights at some clubs where volume would be an issue..some bands just don't like doing slow tunes. Yer motorin -yeah it's a little cheesy.

Comment

We do a few slow songs to break up the pace and so people can grab their drunken partner close. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

Thats a wimp ass song although you did a good job Pete.
                Everytime I hear Sister Christian I want to throw my radio out the window.

Comment

I couldn't get it to load.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Jim is cooler than you now, John. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Ya can't be hatin' on the sister christian!

Pete

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Jim is cooler than you now, John. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Ya can't be hatin' on the sister christian!

Pete

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

It would bring the house IMO. Is it a wimp ass song? I guess thats subjective. John, you know I just want to play that solo! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        I don't know why our bandmates don't want to play this song

[/ QUOTE ]

have you ever had people throw quarters at you while playing? Play this song and i'll bet it happens. Always hated sister christian. Play that song and you risk clearing the club out. Where is the yawn smiley when you need it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Nope, never had quarters thrown at me. Had a bra tossed onstage a few times though. Last band I was in played that song, we never cleared the club out, it packed the dance floor.

Pete

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] just my opinion on the song. Not my thang [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

oh, and quarters being thrown at you sucks. Our singer just HAD to play an r.e.m song in front of a metal crowd. Now, i like r.e.m but it was the wrong time, wrong place [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

argh, I hate REM, so we're even. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

Working...
                              X