X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: JCF METAL JAM (track inside!)

Cool as hell!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

I just sent mine to Pete.

I listened to the track two times, then jammed with it two more times and then go staright to record what I came up with.
    First take was too clumsy so i tried a second time and that's what I send.

Equipment Used:

Marhsall AVT 150H Head (Valvestate) - Channel 4
    Senheiser e835 Microphone (close to the grill)
    Jackson DXMG stock (with the passive EMGs)
    D'addario 009 - 046 strings
    Delta 66 Omnistudio Sound Card
    Steinberg Cubase SX 2.2

I took this pics for the ones who care:

Facebook - Youtube

Comment

well, i finally took the time and recorded a little something. pete should have it by now.

gear used:
      esp m 207 -> pod 2.0 direct
      simple yet not very effective [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey, I went Fender jap strat w/floyd ---> Pod XT. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

that was a strat?! whoa....
          well, obviously tone IS mostly in the hands [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

kinda off topic, but anyways: yesterday i saw nevermore live, and well, i noticed that steve is hitting the strings REALLY hard, in contrast to jeff who seems to play more controlled i guess. anyways, even though their sound wasn't really great, you could still tell that steve's sound had more punch....kinda confirms what i said above. just a little side note

Comment

Just out of curiousity Pete - what did you use to generate the rhythm track? Live drums, samples, loop, drum machine, etc? Also the bass line?
            Thanks

Comment

Wayniac - that was just a track I downloaded, I had nothing to do with the generation of it.

Pete

Comment

great idea...what sort of scales etc should we be looking at to fit over, or doesnt it reaaally matter?

Comment

It's somewhere in E (Em, EMaj, Emx, E=Mc2 - I dunno) so just about anything near that should work tonally, but do whatever you feel.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

song is in Em.

If you're a blues scale kinda player, put your first finger on the 12th fret and go crazy with the pentatonic box. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I went for Em scales with some chromatics here and there.

Pete

Pete

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      If you're a blues scale kinda player, put your first finger on the 12th fret and go crazy with the pentatonic box. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's my wakeup call.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img], Im gonna give it a try this weekend to fit something over your E-D-b-G-E chords..

Comment

Ok, I finally got out of bed (was sick the last two days) and sent my contribution to Pete. Holy shit that was fun! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I had something in mind these days and jammed once to the track, then hit record.
                        Unfortunately I made a bad mistake with the recording settings, so the backing track got recorded together with my guitar. I only realized that when I wanted to save the separated guitar track... which wasn't possible. [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

well so I had to do it again, with two more tries, the second is the final one.
                        Though, if anyone is interested, I still have the original take on my HD, it's basically the same, just more spontaneious (sp?).

Equipment used:
                        Jackson Soloist Archtop Pro (Duncan Distortion bridge PU)
                        Zoom 505 II effect pedal ( [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )
                        straight into Realtek AC97 onboard soundcard,
                        recorded with Cool Edit Pro 2.0.

So yes, the shitty equipment totally fits my shitty playing. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        You'll know it when you hear it... but I had lots of fun! And for the first time in my live I wished I had a guitar with a trem... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Thanks to Pete for the time he puts in this, and to all who contribute and have fun! Let's hear some more of these jams!
                        http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

I finally sent mine in the other day...Took a couple layers of skin off my middle finger doing it. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Equipment used...

Tokai love rock. (DiMarzio duel sound bridge/stock pup neck)

Into - V-Amp 2 on modern with a bit of chorus and delay.

Into - Hercules sound card.

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Pete - I sent my submission in. Not as dazzling as some of the others, but it was fun.

Played my refinned Les Paul using the bridge pickup into a Pod XTL. Tried to keep everything simple.

Thanx,
                            Pete [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Sent mine as well. That track was just too friggen fast for my ability. It was a great workout though, and alot of fun.

Charvel 1 Hum San Dimas Standard > PODXTL > Cakewalk GT2.

Comment

Thx Pete

Comment

Working...
                                X