Any interest in a JCF Jam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any interest in a JCF Jam?

Here's how it works - I hosted one on HC, and it was pretty fun. I post a backing track. Every participant records a solo over a section, and the host (me) assembles all the takes into one song, and then posts it for all to enjoy. It's really fun.

I have a ton of backing tracks to use. Any interest? Everyone who participates would need to follow a few guidelines that worked great when I did this on HC:

1) no delay or verb on your guitar part. I can add some to the final mix, but it's hard to get the timing right when your part is drenched - plus it would make some guitars seem a lot more 'up front' and loud than others. If you want chorus, wah, whatever else - go crazy.

2) I'd need a small file with 15-20 seconds of your backing with the solo track so I hear how to place it.

3) Also need just your guitar track with no backing - 128k 44.1 hz mp3

4) If you go over your time limits, you may get snipped or faded so someone else's guitar part fits.

5) It's a collaboration, NOT A COMPETITION. If you want to do some head-cutting stuff, get your ass to guitarwars or whatever. I'd like to see a variety of different players get into this, not just the shred weenies. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Sound like fun? let me know here, pm is spotty at best.

Pete

Re: Any interest in a JCF Jam?

I'm in damn it. Send me the backing track.
    Although.. I don't think I ever played a guitar solo without reverb or delay! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

i'm in. i'm running a stinkin' pod direct, so don't expect boutiqe amp sound quality [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Cool guys, I'll pick a fun backing. Fragle, I may be using a Pod XT, so don't feel too bad! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Any suggestions on type of backing? I have country AND western. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

Anything genre you want Pete. I'll be using a modeler direct as well and recording through Cool Edit Pro 2.0.
          Just don't choose jazz. I don't think there are that many jazz players around here. I'm not a jazz player. I just don't "get" jazz. How about a good polka??

Comment

I think I'll see what 80s tunes I have... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] and btw John, I'll hopefully get that CD out to ya in the next few days, been kinda haphazard here at work. I've also been gathering backing tracks from several HDs. I think I may be able to fill a DVD for ya with backing tracks only. *!*

Pete

Comment

dude, you're killing me...country, western [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm in! Will the backing track be original music? I think that would be best...

Comment

Well... I think I have some backings that are high quality, but it's music that likely few of us have heard. Was that your concern, that it would force us into more original playing since we haven't heard anyone else playing over it?

Pete

Comment

Right, exactly. If it's a cover, it may be too easy to try and cop the original solo.

I think it would be best if it was an original track.

Comment

Yea, an original track. It would also be cool not to post any of the submissions until it is finished. This way we can't play off of each other. We wouldn't want to turn it into a competition. It just wouldn't be fair to all you guys. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm in if I the backing track is inspiring for me to feel it... and if I have the time to do it.

I agree, would be nice to not post anything until it is comp'd together.
                        shawnlutz.com

Comment

I'm in as long as you do it after this Friday. and if what I come up with doesn't suck too bad! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm in Ohio for work all week.

Comment

Sounds cool...I'm in! Any style is fine with me.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Hey, send the track to me as well! I don't know if I'd be able to do anything even remotely decent, but it would be fun to try! Send it to { jorn AT joghans.se }.

Comment

Working...
                              X